Rnd2 pick 25- DT P.J Hall

NCOUGHMAN

I know a lot of people are calling this a reach, and it might have been. But I'm pretty excited for this pick. They clearly liked him over the other DTs, and his athleticism matches his production despite his DII status. He might just be just what the doctor ordered. He is a bit of a question mark though, but I'm optimistic.

When it comes to the second round and so on. A lot of teams are reaching for picks. Just the way it is. Tons of teams did. 

Honestly don’t know a lot about him, but from clips that I seen. He looks like what Oakland is missing. He seems to be quick and looks like he can provide a pass rush in the middle. 

Another second round shot in the dark on a guy who's all potential lol but I didn't mind this pick. Very few interior dlineman in this draft who had potential pass rushing chops, and I think Hill was one of them. He was a projected third to fourth rounder but with Mo Hursts fall, Hill got pushed up in the draft.

We'll see what happens. We're obviously hoping he can become our version of Geno Atkins. At the very least,  we found a guy to replace Autry at blocking kicks.

3 hours ago, mct288 said:

I know a lot of people are calling this a reach, and it might have been. But I'm pretty excited for this pick. They clearly liked him over the other DTs, and his athleticism matches his production despite his DII status. He might just be just what the doctor ordered. He is a bit of a question mark though, but I'm optimistic.

It’s nice he is a baller with skill , twitch athlete, and strong as a bull

So athletic! Ready to see this guy stunt outside the DE.. Don't think I saw any stunts in any of the clips I watched, but he seems built for it.

Hope Vanderdoes is healthy and will be in on run downs. Rotation is huge for DL and Hill got pushed around a bit defending the run.

Didn't know nothing about him until after we pick him and everything I read about sounds good should turn out a good pick up.Hope we finally got that beast up the middle. Just hope they change there mind about Hurst throw him in the picture now we cooking 

4 hours ago, Dessie said:

It’s PJ Hall not Hill that we picked up isn’t it? 

Correct. Hall is the much better player.

I watched all of Hall's snaps in the Shrine Game and I cam away very impressed against the elevated competition. It was also refreshing to see him in a less stacked scheme and playing around less traffic.

Landry or Oliver were my choices and Oliver there after the trade down just added to my disappointment. Thought it was Hill for a second but Hall I never heard of. I like the other poster's comments so hopefully he's as good as they see him.

Archived