Rnd3- DE Arden key

NCOUGHMAN

More excited about Key than any other pick this far. The guy is a top 5 talent because of his insane pas rush ability. He was very highly ranked at the end of the football year, but dropped during the evaluation period because of character and an injury in his jr year.  

Here's a pre combine article ranking draft prospects:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings-freak-lsu-pass-rusher-arden-key-is-back/

I really like this pick if he could keep his head straight and stay healthy man oh man.Hope Guenther & Trgovac can coach the kid up cause have first round talent and to get him in the 4th.If it all works out this can be huge for us 

I like this pick.  We can have a little contest to see who misses more games.  Miller to injury or Key to suspension?  Just kidding and I always hope for the best but this draft has been very confusing.  It will make a lot more sense if something about Penn comes out. This year is going to come down to how much our coaching has improved.  Really wish we would have retained Pagano.

Honestly I think Key may have the best chance to have the biggest impact year 1. With Mack and Irvin and some pass rushing DT's, Key is going to be largely ignored his rookie year, he'll be lined up against opponents weakest tackle, or trying to be picked up by a RB or a TE most of the time.  I'll take that matchup every snap. 

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

Honestly I think Key may have the best chance to have the biggest impact year 1. With Mack and Irvin and some pass rushing DT's, Key is going to be largely ignored his rookie year, he'll be lined up against opponents weakest tackle, or trying to be picked up by a RB or a TE most of the time.  I'll take that matchup every snap. 

I disagree. I think Key is furthest from being productive of the guys picked in the first 5 rounds. He plays with no power and he doesn't have the burst to consistently beat pro offensive tackles quickly. He's similar to Irvin in that I think he can get some hustle sacks with his length and flexibility. Unless Mack or Irvin get hurt, I don't see a clear path for meaningful snaps for Key in year one.

Archived