Rnd3- DE Arden key

NCOUGHMAN

I think ththe DL will be above average I expect a big impact from the rookies. I hope its Carradine - Hall - Ellis - Irvin to start. With Hurst and Key rotating in often with a little bit of Calhoun sprinkled in there.

Our SAM linebacker is a glaring weakness. I wish Lee could play there because our 3 best linebackers are Whitehead, Lee and DJ. But I think Lamur is going to get the start there week 1.

Our secondary is scary. I would like to see Conley and Melvin get the start outside with Gilchrist and Joseph starting at Safety. Depending on the situation specifically, I would like to see Gilchrist drop into the slot and have Nelson play the second Safety, or have DRC come in as the nickelback. When worley comes back from suspension he is the nickelback in my opinion.

I expect the TEAM to get sacks but no one player gets more than 8. Key if rotated properly could break that 8 but will probably get over used as I think Irvin will not be as good without Mack.

Key 8

Irvin 7.5

Hall 6

Rucker 5.5

Carradine 5

Calhoun 5

Hurst 5

Hester 3

Ellis 2

Would love to add Hankins for 3

On 9/3/2018 at 9:58 PM, G said:

I expect the TEAM to get sacks but no one player gets more than 8. Key if rotated properly could break that 8 but will probably get over used as I think Irvin will not be as good without Mack.

Key 8

Irvin 7.5

Hall 6

Rucker 5.5

Carradine 5

Calhoun 5

Hurst 5

Hester 3

Ellis 2

There's no way this many players get this many sacks. You have to be joking. This would be like leading the league in sack and all these guys are front 4 players. Let alone linebackers and defensive backs blitzing. I would be happy if one of our rookies can get 6.

On 9/3/2018 at 10:58 PM, G said:

Key 8

Irvin 7.5

Hall 6

Rucker 5.5

Carradine 5

Calhoun 5

Hurst 5

Hester 3

Ellis 2

Lol. Rucker with 5.5? He has 21.5 in 142 games

Being realistic it's more like...

Irvin 7.5

Key 5

Hall 4

Hurst 4

Carradine 2.5

Calhoun 1.5

Ellis 1.5

19 hours ago, riceman80 said:

Lol. Rucker with 5.5? He has 21.5 in 142 games

Being realistic it's more like...

Irvin 7.5

Key 5

Hall 4

Hurst 4

Carradine 2.5

Calhoun 1.5

Ellis 1.5

We walk away with less than 30 sacks this season then we are going 2-14.  I hope you're saying our LBs and DBs will account for another 15-20 sacks.

15 minutes ago, TheMadStork said:

I think people are expecting way to much out of key.. ive seen nothing to make me think key will be a good player yet.

on a bright note though, Hall looks like he’s going to be a stud. He would do better at DE then key

I agree. I think Key will have very little impact this year, hes very raw and not a great athlete. 

PJ Hall is the rookie who I think has a chance to do some things as a rookie. I see a potential star with him.

8 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I agree. I think Key will have very little impact this year, hes very raw and not a great athlete. 

PJ Hall is the rookie who I think has a chance to do some things as a rookie. I see a potential star with him.

It’s going to be interesting to see whether this statement is true or not. Although he didn’t test well, he does have some plus athletic traits. He bends well, has a good first step, his motor looks good and can counter quickly. I’m hoping that he’s able to use these traits to be a good player for us. While I agree, Hall is the one who looks most exciting and I expect him to have a better rookie season, I’m still looking for Key to contribute on 3rd down this year.

Of course it's wishful thinking. If I don't have any 'hope' then I might as well not even watch. :/

I hope Hall sees DE as others have mentioned. Seems like a good chess piece and what I've seen has me already eating crow. Seemed like a reach because of level of competition but the guy looks like he belongs. Hope to eat lots of crow if it means were winning.

On 07/09/2018 at 10:33 PM, TheMadStork said:

I think people are expecting way to much out of key.. ive seen nothing to make me think key will be a good player yet.

on a bright note though, Hall looks like he’s going to be a stud. He would do better at DE then key

I really like Hall too and Hurst but what makes you think Hall would be better at end than Key (assuming Key is not a total bust of course)??

Of the two I would have thought Hurst looks more like a natural 3-4 DE possible 4-3 DE than Hall who looks like a perfect DT for our anticipated Bengal esque system.........

12 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I really like Hall too and Hurst but what makes you think Hall would be better at end than Key (assuming Key is not a total bust of course)??

Of the two I would have thought Hurst looks more like a natural 3-4 DE possible 4-3 DE than Hall who looks like a perfect DT for our anticipated Bengal esque system.........

I’m saying that I believe Hall would do better than Key at 4-3 DE. Not saying that I want him there. I’m just not big on key at all thus far. 

And I believe Hall is athletic enough that he would have a impact at DE if we needed him to play it. Similar to how the raiders would use Tommy Kelly (when he was very young in his career). And I don’t think Hurst has the same athleticism to do good at DE (which he doesn’t need to..it’s good where he’s at) 

I find it pretty amazing that we have Maurice freaking Hurst and he's the after thought while we're jocking PJ Hall and Arden Key. They both no doubt have potential and Key was once looked at as a possible top 10 pick, but its just crazy considering how much hype Hurst had during the draft. Hell, I know I was pounding the table for him every round he was available. Funny how things worked out.

18 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I find it pretty amazing that we have Maurice freaking Hurst and he's the after thought while we're jocking PJ Hall and Arden Key. They both no doubt have potential and Key was once looked at as a possible top 10 pick, but its just crazy considering how much hype Hurst had during the draft. Hell, I know I was pounding the table for him every round he was available. Funny how things worked out.

Great point. When we picked him, I was so stoked. But with all the media negativity, it has numbed the excitement to the point where I haven't really even thought about him in a meaningful way. Ridiculous.

22 minutes ago, reddevil said:

Great point. When we picked him, I was so stoked. But with all the media negativity, it has numbed the excitement to the point where I haven't really even thought about him in a meaningful way. Ridiculous.

No dude, take it as a positive like me. Sounds like he's getting outshined. If he wasn't, he'd be our starting 3T over PJ Hall.

6 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

No dude, take it as a positive like me. Sounds like he's getting outshined. If he wasn't, he'd be our starting 3T over PJ Hall.

Actually I think Hall is more stout against the run/double teams (see that insane squat), meaning he'll play early downs, but Hurst is a little more slippery and has more moves.

Our interior rush was cripplingly bad last year. Either Autry would come in and sucked against the run and would rush ok, or Vanderdoes would do virtually nothing, or Mario, who was great the first 3 or 4 weeks, was also pretty bad inside.

If our interior rushers are better this year, our pass rush will be significantly better, even if Mack isn't here. 

I'm hoping we use Fadol Brown a decent amount this year. His body type reminds me of Michael Bennett, who was also an undrafted guy in Tampa before coming on for Seattle. He wins in similar ways to bennett. With hand usage and power, rather than with speed and bend off the edge. I actually think he's more ready day 1 than Key is. I'm hoping either him or Key become a full time starter this year. I'm kinda meh on Carradine. As a run defender, he's fine. But his upside is low IMO.

Archived