Warriors v Pelicans Series Thread (4-1 GS) :: A Gentlemen's sweep it is

11sanchez11

For all the crap Gentry got, he's actually done a really good job now on 3 straight teams. He took the Suns to another level defensively and finally dominated the Spurs, and he drastically improved the Clippers when they were a laughing stock.

Just now, Mossburg said:

For all the crap Gentry got, he's actually done a really good job now on 3 straight teams. He took the Suns to another level defensively and finally dominated the Spurs, and he drastically improved the Clippers when they were a laughing stock.

Gentry got crap but it was well deserved IMO. Even with the injuries, I still couldn't tell you a single good thing he did the previous 2 years. This year he finally had his offensive system in place and the Pels had the fastest pace in the NBA and not sure of the exact number but I believe we're top 3 in assists as well. He has us playing the style he wants and promised when he first came here. He calls time outs at great times now. Good plays out of time outs. Good in the locker room. He deserved crap the last couple of years but he deserves just as much praise now. 

That was all I need for this series. Seeing them prove that they can blow out the Warriors will justify the confidence we've built up. No moral victories tonight, we got the real thing. B|

18 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Let's go Pels! We keep this up and defend home court, defending champs going to be sitting at home during the conference finals. B|

Going to rain on your parade, but this won't keep up. It was like the Spurs stealing that game when they shot incredibly well for 3 on a day the Warriors didn't play well. 

9 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Going to rain on your parade, but this won't keep up. It was like the Spurs stealing that game when they shot incredibly well for 3 on a day the Warriors didn't play well. 

The Warriors absolutely won't shoot 38% again but they more than doubled our free throws and it was a blow out. The W's increasing their shooting could definitely be balanced out by the Pels getting more FTs if that ever happens and winning a close game. I think we can definitely win another game.

Obviously not winning the series though, it's one thing to come back from 0-2 against some rando team but not the most talented in NBA history lol. 

11 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Lmao did that really happen. I didn’t even watch the game because I assumed GS would blow them out. 

Ouch

7 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

The Warriors absolutely won't shoot 38% again but they more than doubled our free throws and it was a blow out. The W's increasing their shooting could definitely be balanced out by the Pels getting more FTs if that ever happens and winning a close game. I think we can definitely win another game.

Obviously not winning the series though, it's one thing to come back from 0-2 against some rando team but not the most talented in NBA history lol. 

The free throws weren't significant. The Warriors weren't hitting shots and were playing sloppy basketball. The Pelicans hit a bunch of shots in the first half that they hadn't been hitting. I just don't see the game as that significant. The Pelicans are better than some were giving them credit for being, but we're not going to see a miraculous turnaround imo.

EDIT: What I mean by the free throws not being significant is that the only guy who really has a gripe about not getting to the line more is AD, but he's a post guy being guarded by smaller defenders. I don't see the refs suddenly flipping a switch and calling things differently. It's been 3 games, and they've called it the same each game.

Archived