Warriors v Pelicans Series Thread (4-1 GS) :: A Gentlemen's sweep it is

11sanchez11

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I've been impressed with how Holiday has been able to score on Durant this series. Not that easy to do, especially with him being the primary defender on Durant on the other end. 

Jrue has been really good this year. Pelicans needed him to take a step forward and he did. The West is going to be full of amazing series the next 3-4 years.

Just now, RavensTillIDie said:

As good of a defender as Holiday is, Durant is just a matchup nightmare. Durant keeps up this level of play, Warriors will be closing this one out on Tuesday.

Have to give credit to him, he's been in KDs mouth on almost every shot attempt. KD is just...KD.

2 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Yeah, this is about what I expected. Could actually see NO taking one game in GS, but then they close the door. Seriously though, very promising for NO future. Re-sign Boogie, try to sign a 3/D SF and things are looking up.

Same, my prediction was W's in 6 but that was with the caveat of us winning game 1 with no Curry, but yeah that didn't happen. 

We're here to stay, this is the beginning of something not the end. Even if Boogie leaves, which I don't want, we'll still be a really good team the next few years, but won't have Finals potential like we will with Boogie. Re-sign Boogie and Rondo and I'm pretty confident we'll have HCA in the 1st round next year, probably even the 3 seed. Fun season, got way more than I expected after Boogie went down. Felt good to see my boy Jrue get some national credit after defending his contract constantly. This exposure should also be good for the team and fanbase, we'll get a lot more national TV games next year that's for sure. 

28 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

Same, my prediction was W's in 6 but that was with the caveat of us winning game 1 with no Curry, but yeah that didn't happen. 

We're here to stay, this is the beginning of something not the end. Even if Boogie leaves, which I don't want, we'll still be a really good team the next few years, but won't have Finals potential like we will with Boogie. Re-sign Boogie and Rondo and I'm pretty confident we'll have HCA in the 1st round next year, probably even the 3 seed. Fun season, got way more than I expected after Boogie went down. Felt good to see my boy Jrue get some national credit after defending his contract constantly. This exposure should also be good for the team and fanbase, we'll get a lot more national TV games next year that's for sure. 

Yea I think if boogie comes back strong we’re in the 2nd tier with Houston and Boston next year at least and could give GSW some trouble 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Having the least amount of FGAs under 5 feet is irrelevant when they have gotten a lot of foul shots off jump shots and the Pelicans intentionally fouling on the break. 

That's what I said yesterday. Pelicans keep fouling on fastbreaks. Eventually, the Warriors end up in the bonus. Plus, the Warriors have bigger and better defenders. AD was definitely getting the short end of the stick in the first three games, but the other Pelicans weren't imo.

Archived