2018 NFL Draft Thread - Day 3

CriminalMind

7 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

I'll go with upside. 

Josh Sweat DE or Marius Hurst DT

Josh Sweat would be my preferred first pick. Get him into the D-line rotation as a rookie, I see no reason to see Hunter like production from him as a rookie.

Part of me believes that trade last night was meant to gain some more time to double check their information on a prospect ie Character or Injury. Expect Oline and move TE to be drafted somewhere by the Viklings. 

My 4th round Wish list in order

Hurst

Sweat - Won't have a 10+ year career with his leg issues. However, teams get rid of players once reach there 30's. Will be a great player and worth the risk in the 4th     

Hand 

Griffin 

Crosby 

Some players I like that would make sense

Chris Herndon TE

E St. Brown WR

Tim Settle NT

Kellan Ballage RB

Daesean Hamilton WR

Jamarco Jones OL

Tyrell Crosby OL

Wyatt Teller OG

Ian Thomas TE

If Hurst is actually off the board because of Medicaid, still a lot of talent. But Hurst sticks out as a sore thumb as a player that should be gone already if we are just going with on the field analysis. 

Some thoughts...

I guess I don’t hate this as much as everyone else. 

Hughes gives us a better opportunity to keep diggs hunter and barr as he can replace and exceed Waynes value without the salary cost. It sounds like the background stuff checked out because if it wasn’t for that he’s right up there with Jaire Alexander as one of the best pure cbs in this draft that can be a boundary and kick inside to slot. 

While we didn’t snag an interior lineman that everyone thinks can plug n play at right guard, Brian O’Neil isn’t really a slouch. He’s already better than Kolton Miller and is probably the most athletic tackle in this draft. All this stuff about being raw, a little hogwash. He has the footwork and technicality, he just needs to get stronger. He’s been playing tackle for only like 3 years and he still carved out the 3rd highest pass blocking grade per PFF last year. If he hits, the value he gives at either tackle positions really outweighs anything on the interior line. 

And looking at the board, there are still 3-4 linemen that I believe can start day 1 at rg still available for the Vikings to pick. So let’s see how things shake up before we scream bloody murder.

4 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

Some thoughts...

I guess I don’t hate this as much as everyone else. 

Hughes gives us a better opportunity to keep diggs hunter and barr as he can replace and exceed Waynes value without the salary cost. It sounds like the background stuff checked out because if it wasn’t for that he’s right up there with Jaire Alexander as one of the best pure cbs in this draft that can be a boundary and kick inside to slot. 

While we didn’t snag an interior lineman that everyone thinks can plug n play at right guard, Brian O’Neil isn’t really a slouch. He’s already better than Kolton Miller and is probably the most athletic tackle in this draft. All this stuff about being raw, a little hogwash. He has the footwork and technicality, he just needs to get stronger. He’s been playing tackle for only like 3 years and he still carved out the 3rd highest pass blocking grade per PFF last year. If he hits, the value he gives at either tackle positions really outweighs anything on the interior line. 

And looking at the board, there are still 3-4 linemen that I believe can start day 1 at rg still available for the Vikings to pick. So let’s see how things shake up before we scream bloody murder.

Who are the IOL players you like as day 1 starters?

Archived