Dream pick left

OnWisconsin-JRS

24 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

"Those guys" are anyone drafted in the 7th round. You can gamble on talent (hope they develop) or you can gamble on character (hope they reform their bad behavior). "Those guys" you don't have to make one of those gambles on are taken in the first few rounds. That's why.

I separate talent and supposed "issues" - you apparently dont.

Low round guys are there because of their talent level.

Apparently, this guy isnt one of those guys.

I'm done.

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

I separate talent and supposed "issues" - you apparently dont.

Low round guys are there because of their talent level.

Apparently, this guy isnt one of those guys.

I'm done.

Just two equally valid ways of looking at prospects. The world isn't a bowl of oatmeal; it's a fruit salad.

Just now, OneTwoSixFive said:

Cain in the fourth.

Edge Kendall Donnerson and WRs Valdez-Scantling and Justin Watson, all with later picks.

I tell ya 1265. You're good. I dont know what you do over there but you've got a considerable depth of knowledge of these players. 

2 hours ago, Leader said:

He's a kid. You have any kids? You give up on your kids when they reach their late teens / early 20's? I dont think so.

No - no one can stay with someone else 24/7 - thats a simple truth and not worth discussion - but the potential cost / payoff ratio is FAR to the teams advantage.

Overwhelming so.

You ever buy stocks? You ever take a flyer on an "up and comer?"

We've got EIGHT PICKS today. EIGHT. You telling me we cant afford to throw one this kids way? A kid who's talent just happens to be at the position that drives this teams engin? That we're gonna "cash in" with some other guy dramatically better than we could with this kid? I dont think so. 

TAKE A CHANCE.

If he smokes once at the wrong time he is out 4 games. He’s gonna start his career in the drug protocol after the failed combine I believe. 

I don’t know much about the kid, but in today’s PR-focused reactionary NFL, it’s a big red flag to be on the wrong side of the drug policy. People harp on TT when he selects a guy that had a college injury. This is essentially the same. Odds are he misses time. 

Archived