Dream pick left

OnWisconsin-JRS

44 minutes ago, Leader said:

Galloway.

If this guys a stud WR - take a chance on him.

If we need to cut him, what has he cost us? A cheap rookie contract.

If he's got the WR chops others talk about......what have we gained?

Take a chance for talent.

Throw a draft pick at this guy. We've got nothing - nothing - to lose and potentially a whole bunch to gain. All for a low end draft pick.

Overview - Make no mistake about it, if Callaway had put together a trouble-free 2017 with even average production, he would be one, big Combine performance away from being one of the more buzzed about talents at the receiver position in this draft. However, his character concerns are at a point where they could derail any opportunity for a career. His talent and explosiveness gives him a good shot at making a roster at some point, but being able to stay on track and reach his potential is starting to feel unlikely. If he pulls it together, he could become a dangerous NFL talent.

Sources Tell Us - "I just watched him. Really natural athlete and pretty good player but there are just too many headaches to deal with so I can't see us taking a chance on him. Our owner will say no and I don't even think we would put him on our board to be honest." -- AFC team pro personnel director

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I would love Callaway too. 

I've never seen him play once or watched any film.

Just being guided by comments that he's got the goods at WR - but is troubled off the field - and we need an infusion of talent at WR.

Okay - so help him out. Mentor him. Bring him along. All the while allowing those football talents to pay dividends - for all concerned (outside our opponents of course.......)

I'm not saying dont draft one of the "name" WRs above him - but is throwing a late draft pick at this kid really gonna jeopardize the organization? I dont see it or think that way.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Just being guided by comments that he's got the goods at WR - but is troubled off the field - and we need an infusion of talent at WR.

Okay - so help him out. Mentor him. Bring him along. All the while allowing those football talents to pay dividends - for all concerned (outside our opponents of course.......)

I'm not saying dont draft one of the "name" WRs above him - but is throwing a late draft pick at this kid really gonna jeopardize the organization? I dont see it or think that way.

I watched him. Was my favorite WR I watched.

16 minutes ago, Leader said:

I wouldn't go above round 7 for him. Most of those guys don't make it anyways, so they're all gambles.

1 minute ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I wouldn't go above round 7 for him. Most of those guys don't make it anyways, so they're all gambles.

Not sure who "those guys" are - but to me he's a football player who's stock has dropped because of off field stuff.

Okay.

He didnt kill anybody.

He didnt beat anybody up.

He did stupid stuff.

He's probably not all that smart to begin with - but he's a football player - apparently a pretty good one - and we root for a football team (and their players) to be successful.

Its a no brainer IMO.

TAKE THE CHANCE ON TALENT.

We have to be the most "shy" team in the NFL.

29 minutes ago, Leader said:

You can only mentor people that want to be mentored. These are adults in a career. Only so much you can do to help them succeed if they don’t want to themselves. 

You cant force him to comply with the drug rules unless you have somebody on him 24/7.

10 minutes ago, blankman0021 said:

You can only mentor people that want to be mentored. These are adults in a career. Only so much you can do to help them succeed if they don’t want to themselves. 

You cant force him to comply with the drug rules unless you have somebody on him 24/7.

He's a kid. You have any kids? You give up on your kids when they reach their late teens / early 20's? I dont think so.

No - no one can stay with someone else 24/7 - thats a simple truth and not worth discussion - but the potential cost / payoff ratio is FAR to the teams advantage.

Overwhelming so.

You ever buy stocks? You ever take a flyer on an "up and comer?"

We've got EIGHT PICKS today. EIGHT. You telling me we cant afford to throw one this kids way? A kid who's talent just happens to be at the position that drives this teams engin? That we're gonna "cash in" with some other guy dramatically better than we could with this kid? I dont think so. 

TAKE A CHANCE.

All I know is we really gotta go WR/WR, WR/TE, TE/WR, G/WR, WR/G, etc.  If we keep neglecting the offense to fix a defense that probably doesn't need much fixing after Capers is gone, we're gonna end up with a top defense and an offense that Rodgers can't get it done with. 

Archived