Draft Day 3

Louis Friend

Just now, Karnage84 said:

We'll see what happens but I don't expect us to trade Abdullah now. 

Which means that at some point in the 6th, he's going to get traded lol 

Honestly, I dont think I would trade him for anything lower than a 4th.

He can return kicks, and still provide a change of pace a handful of snaps a game.

Just now, detroitroar said:

Honestly, I dont think I would trade him for anything lower than a 4th.

He can return kicks, and still provide a change of pace a handful of snaps a game.

Personally, I think they like him more than we do as fans. He hasn't been the guy we wanted him to be. There could be some issues with the OL and his injury history to blame for the lack of production. It's possible that they want to give him another go as part of a RBBC. We did take Johnson but he does have his own injury history. The cupboard is pretty bare if we trade AA and Johnson does go down. 

If they do trade him this year, I feel like it'll be around training camp time. 

As bad as things look on paper right now defensively, I wouldnt mind it if it meant Stafford finally had a running game. 

Patrica consistently maximized the defensive rosters in New England. With a more complete offense, I could see us giving up a ton of yards but posting a decent PPG allowed, which is what matters at the end of the day.

3 minutes ago, detroitroar said:

As bad as things look on paper right now defensively, I wouldnt mind it if it meant Stafford finally had a running game. 

Patrica consistently maximized the defensive rosters in New England. With a more complete offense, I could see us giving up a ton of yards but posting a decent PPG allowed, which is what matters at the end of the day.

I am starting to feel the same way.

Looking at our selections as well, every single guy can play multiple positions.

Seems they are really trying to maximize versatile players to ensure they have capable bodies when the injuries begin to pile up.

31 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

We'll see what happens but I don't expect us to trade Abdullah now. 

Which means that at some point in the 6th, he's going to get traded lol 

That's all you can expect for him. He does have value as a 3rd down back. But he's redundant here. 

Archived