Christmas Come Early?

Ghostnote

27 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

Draft weekend just keeps getting better!!! Don’t like that Jon Gruden can call little bro and say hey I’m taking your GM, can you give him a lift to the airport? 

I dont care how Allen gets to the airport. So long as he dont come back here. 

6 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Have you disagreed with it so far?

If they were offered the Saints trade and turned it down, yes. We haven’t seen any evidence of that but I’d be shocked if they weren’t. It’s been a solid draft by having two first round picks next year would’ve been outstanding. 

21 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

If they were offered the Saints trade and turned it down, yes. We haven’t seen any evidence of that but I’d be shocked if they weren’t. It’s been a solid draft by having two first round picks next year would’ve been outstanding. 

Sure. But they actually got a 3rd round pick this year and were able still grab the 2 guys they had wanted to grab overall. 

9 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Maybe he’s not running it. #bringbackCasserly

Casserly was awful. I don’t know why people forget all the busts w/ top 5 picks - 3 of them with Howard, Shuler & Westbrook - and bad trades Casserly made in the 90s. He finally started to get it right in 98 & 99 but then he got fired, went to the Texans and drafted David Carr who was a bust over taking Julius Peppers and then he took Mario Williams over Reggie Bush.

Maybe its Eric Shaffer and Doug Williams. 

Maybe Bruce is one foot out the door and those 2 made all these great trades and picks. 

A draft like this is something I don't believe Bruce Allen is capable of, smart enough to pull off, and capable of. Yes I said that twice. 

2 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Maybe its Eric Shaffer and Doug Williams. 

Maybe Bruce is one foot out the door and those 2 made all these great trades and picks. 

A draft like this is something I don't believe Bruce Allen is capable of, smart enough to pull off, and capable of. Yes I said that twice. 

Could be. I think Kyle Smith has the most todo with the scouting on the players and ranking them now. I think the last two drafts are more in his vision for this team than anyone else. Cooley was raving about him one day on his show.

27 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Casserly was awful. I don’t know why people forget all the busts w/ top 5 picks - 3 of them with Howard, Shuler & Westbrook - and bad trades Casserly made in the 90s. He finally started to get it right in 98 & 99 but then he got fired, went to the Texans and drafted David Carr who was a bust over taking Julius Peppers and then he took Mario Williams over Reggie Bush.

It was the 90’s. No one hit on any picks. When did he take over because I notice that super bowl 26 game ball every time he’s on the network. Beathards players you say? Not really the 91 team was totally different from 87

34 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

umm mario over bush was the right choice

10 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

It was the 90’s. No one hit on any picks. When did he take over because I notice that super bowl 26 game ball every time he’s on the network. Beathards players you say? Not really the 91 team was totally different from 87

Huh? Plenty of teams hit on picks in the 90s, they hit with all the players we passed on while we took busts and built super bowl caliber rosters with them. The most upset I ever was was in draft day was when we took Michael Westbrook over Warren Sapp. Sapp has All-Pro written all over him and all he did was help rebuild the horrible Bucs and turn them into super bowl contenders and eventual champs with an average qb.

He signed Stubbifield. We traded so many picks for players too, like Dan Wilkerson and Sean Gilbert after the Stubbifield mistake and he panicked and traded a 1st and 4th for Brad Johnson after losing Trent Green. 

Archived