Utah Jazz vs Houston Rockets Series Thread: Mitchell is Salty in Salt Lake City

Texansfan713

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If he was in Philly, then, he also wouldn't be the only guy who could get a bucket on the team and could create off the bounce. Thinking about it, he would be the missing piece for Philly. Where they struggle is end of games they have no one on the perimeter that could get their own shot as Simmons is a complete non-factor, and rely on running Redick/Belinei off screens or just feed Embiid.

This is also why it is a must that Fultz gets his jumper back, or at least be respectable from the perimeter. He also has the potential to be THAT guy for Philly. 

Now, if they get LeBron then it won't matter since he will be their closer and the guy that gets it done down the stretch. Or even if they get someone like Kawhi.

I just don't think we'd see this Donovan Mitchell if he ended up going to some other squads on draft night, which was the main point I was making. Getting that green light is huge for development for scorers and he obviously wouldn't have had that in Philly. But you make a good point about what the Sixers need, I agree. 

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 10:02 AM, Texansfan713 said:

thing is,  rockets defense is way better than okc especially if they get LUC back some point in this series.  Rubio being out might mean Mitchell will most likely have to play a bigger role which might be too much for him. if rubio out then exum is starting.  rockets will do a much better job with gobert than okc did.  not worried about harden vs the jazz.  he literally dominated them in the regular season and they dont really have a defender to stop him like the wolves did with butler.  

looks like I'm about to be right.  :) 

7 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I'm trying to picture what Philly would be like right now if they took Mitchell instead of Fultz.

PG: Mitchell (probably, if not SG)

SG: Reddick

SF: Simmons

PF: Saric

C: Embiid

That Mitchell, Simmons, and Embiid trio would be unreal going forward.

They should have taken Tatum. They actually traded up to get a guy that doesn’t fit. 

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:25 PM, J-ALL-DAY said:

A win won't happen again? Why do you say that? Going to be tough for Houston to beat you guys twice at Salt Lake. Win game 3 and it's pretty much a lock this becomes a 7 game series.

The offense was much better today. Guards attacked early in the shot clock and created some great looks for guys like Ingles/Crowder/etc. Liked the new wrinkle by starting O'neil and putting the ball in Mitchell's hands more. He shot terribly but made enough plays down the stretch. 

Ingles is just rock solid. If the Clippers don't release him, maybe they get to the WCFs a time or two. 

oh

Archived