Utah Jazz vs Houston Rockets Series Thread: Mitchell is Salty in Salt Lake City

Texansfan713

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

this series has no baring of how the warriors rockets will end up being.. stop it.

Agreed. The Warriors would embarrass the Rockets regardless of what happens in this series.

2 minutes ago, Darkness said:

Agreed. The Warriors would embarrass the Rockets regardless of what happens in this series.

how much you wanna bet?  let's bet 500 dollars.  I'll paypal you my money if the Warriors "embarrass" the Rockets in the WCF.

2 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

how much you wanna bet?  let's bet 500 dollars.  I'll paypal you my money if the Warriors "embarrass" the Rockets in the WCF.

If I was a betting man, I would take that bet

38 minutes ago, Ataal said:

Wow.  Wasn't expecting a win on the road in this series.  Probably won't happen again.  So, I'll just enjoy this tonight. 

A win won't happen again? Why do you say that? Going to be tough for Houston to beat you guys twice at Salt Lake. Win game 3 and it's pretty much a lock this becomes a 7 game series.

The offense was much better today. Guards attacked early in the shot clock and created some great looks for guys like Ingles/Crowder/etc. Liked the new wrinkle by starting O'neil and putting the ball in Mitchell's hands more. He shot terribly but made enough plays down the stretch. 

Ingles is just rock solid. If the Clippers don't release him, maybe they get to the WCFs a time or two. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

AK-47 and Okur for a bit as well. 

Best was Ostertag!!!! 

I went to a Phoenix Suns / Utah Jazz game here in Phoenix maybe 8 years ago or so.  Some guy and his kid sit right in front of us.  I had to stand to see over them while they were sitting down!  At halftime, I get up to go get a drink and the guy who sat in front of us was none other than Greg Ostertag.  I'm 6'0", not terribly tall, but not exactly short, either.  His 14-15 year old kid towered over me.  We had a pretty cool conversation about the old Jazz days.  I was at so many games in Utah back then.  

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

A win won't happen again? Why do you say that? Going to be tough for Houston to beat you guys twice at Salt Lake. Win game 3 and it's pretty much a lock this becomes a 7 game series.

The offense was much better today. Guards attacked early in the shot clock and created some great looks for guys like Ingles/Crowder/etc. Liked the new wrinkle by starting O'neil and putting the ball in Mitchell's hands more. He shot terribly but made enough plays down the stretch. 

Ingles is just rock solid. If the Clippers don't release him, maybe they get to the WCFs a time or two. 

Honestly, I didn't expect them to get this far.  I'm probably closer to "cautiously optimistic," but when Houston is in the zone, I don't think we stand a chance.  Houston let off the gas tonight and the Jazz took advantage.  I just don't know if that's going to happen again.  I think this was a wake up call for Houston.  Utah is a tough place to play for opposing teams, though, I agree.  

28 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

im defininng "embarrass" as warriors sweeping the rockets.  put up or shut up @Darkness.  put your money where your mouth is.

You said you were leaving the forum if the Warriors advance in 4 or 5 games. That’s enough for me. I’d feel bad taking your money too ?

Archived