Utah Jazz vs Houston Rockets Series Thread: Mitchell is Salty in Salt Lake City

Texansfan713

12 minutes ago, Darkness said:

Nah. The Rockets system revolves around Harden/Paul iso ball and Tucker, Ariza, Green, Anderson, Gordon to hit open 3’s off their penetration. Meanwhile, the Warriors system revolves off the ball motion from their stars, ball movement, and exploiting mismatches. The Warriors system is a lot more complex and team oriented

That's what I meant when I said diverse. The Warriors still play some iso ball and shoot not ideal shots. They just have the personnel to do it better than anyone. Both teams do a lot of PnR action too. Rockets just don't have guys like Green and Iguodala to give them that extra ball movement and motion you mentioned where the stars can play without the ball so their offense is more limited. Both teams rely pretty heavily on outside shots, the difference is one can overcome them not falling better, while also having an offense and personnel that makes it less likely to need overcoming that.

5 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

But the Warriors still play some iso ball and shoot not ideal shots. They just have the personnel to do it better than anyone. Both teams do a lot of PnR action too. Rockets just don't have guys like Green and Iguodala to give them that extra ball movement and motion you mentioned where the stars can play without the ball so their offense is more limited. Both teams rely pretty heavily on outside shots, the difference is one can overcome them not falling better, while also having an offense and personnel that makes it less likely to need overcoming that.

Well the Rockets could survive against any team besides the Warriors so obviously that means the Rockets aren't any good.

The loss last night shouldn't be surprising.  The Rockets played well in the second half and came back from a huge deficit.  I'm not going to say the Rockets are in any kind of trouble until the Jazz win another game.  If Utah can take at least one of the games at home then we're in for a potential barn burner.

9 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Also the Warriors probably run the least PnRs out of any team

I dunno about regular season, but Green got plenty of easy buckets off PnRs last game.

10 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Well the Rockets could survive against any team besides the Warriors so obviously that means the Rockets aren't any good.

I don't really understand what this was a response to. I'm just saying games like yesterday are to be expected from a team relying on streak shooters, regardless of whether they get open looks or not. Pretty sure they've proven they are an elite regular season team, they might have actually gotten a better record than the Warriors even without injuries. We'll see how far they can ride this when it matters most. They definitely have the fire power to beat anyone if they play well, but I don't think they're that reliable a team because of reliance on streaky players (and Harden). I think the only non streaky player is Paul.

Last time we played the Jazz in Utah was late February. It was the 2nd night of a brutal back to back in Denver and then Utah. Capela, Gordon and Ryan Anderson all sat out. JOe Johnson played 30 minutes. We shot 27% from 3. Jazz had everyone healthy and had won 12 of the previous 13 games. Rockets won by 11. 

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

The warriors might have the best shooting PG, SG and SF in league history all on the same team. Its beautiful to watch history made every year, but its also as predictable as Avengers 4. 

Shut up.

6 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Shut up.

He's not that far off tbh. Curry is a no-brainier best shooting PG of all time.....A case could be made for Klay, though there is more competition for him. And then it comes down to Durant and Bird right? What other SF could you put on their level? 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He's not that far off tbh. Curry is a no-brainier best shooting PG of all time.....A case could be made for Klay, though there is more competition for him. And then it comes down to Durant and Bird right? What other SF could you put on their level? 

Its not a stretch at all to say that Thompson is the best shooting SG of all time. I cant think of anyone better. Especially from 3. They are the best 3 point shooting trio in history. Maybe you can argue a guy like Korver is a better shooter, but Korver was never a 20 point scorer either. Ray Allen and Reggie Miller were probably better than Klay, but they werent better shooters

I don't know if this is a "must win," but this game severely changes the narrative for this series. 

If Rockets win by 10+, the narrative will basically be "Rockets slept on the Jazz in game 2, but took care of business and control of the series in Utah.  Back on track."

If the Jazz win tonight and go up 2-1 against the 1st seed......  Well, I don't expect to see many Rockets fans on social media tonight after the game.  

Pretty crucial game for both teams.  

Just for some flavor:  https://www.deseretnews.com/article/865698134/Mayor-Jackie-Biskupski-proclaims-May-4th-and-6th-Utah-Jazz-Colors-Day-in-Salt-Lake-City.html

The crowd tonight should be pretty insane.  

7 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Its not a stretch at all to say that Thompson is the best shooting SG of all time. I cant think of anyone better. Especially from 3. They are the best 3 point shooting trio in history. Maybe you can argue a guy like Korver is a better shooter, but Korver was never a 20 point scorer either. Ray Allen and Reggie Miller were probably better than Klay, but they werent better shooters

So I definitely misread your last post.  I completely overlooked the word "shooting" in your post.  My bad, man.

8 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

So I definitely misread your last post.  I completely overlooked the word "shooting" in your post.  My bad, man.

LOL same. I was about to rip this man to shreds if he thought Klay Thompson was better than Michael, Marshon, and Kobe

Archived