Parsons vs Zimmer

Cowboys hybrid DE Micah Parsons said he and DC Mike Zimmer haven’t spoken directly too much. “Honestly, me and Zimm have probably said a total of 20 words to each other. He’s a very quiet person. All I keep hearing from the coaches is, ‘Zimm likes it this way.’ I was like, ‘Well, I like it this way.’ So, I can’t wait to have my true sitdown with him.

“I think it will be pretty cool because obviously old-school mindset, old-school mentality. I think he’s had a lot of great players, but he ain’t ever have a Micah before. It will be fun, and I think it’s going to be unique.

“There’s a lot of similarities on things to how he uses me to how Dan (Quinn) used me in the system, but he has more twists and turns of how he’s going to set things up. Also, there are some things that I’ve got to get used to, too. It’s going to be a compromisable relationship. There’s going to be things he’s like, ‘I’m not going to give on. I don’t give on.’ That’s part of the regime, you know?”

https://x.com/gehlkennfl/status/1798070433725775993?s=46&t=ktd6JTByZwOAf6VhdnN4wg

Cowboys DE Micah Parsons on criticism he should have attended voluntary workouts in spring: “There was a time when Aaron Donald didn’t even go to camp, and he won Defensive Player of the Year, and he led his team to the playoffs. Are we forgetting these times? You’re talking about the best defensive player wasn’t even in camp, and we’re in minicamp, voluntary at that. …I’m just looking at it as time for my body to heal. I’m an undersized rusher who gets banged up every year. So, I’m just letting my body heal. I’m just trying to grow, strengthen and really just get better for the year.”

https://x.com/gehlkennfl/status/1798064865254441074?s=46&t=ktd6JTByZwOAf6VhdnN4wg