Week 4 GDT: Eagles(2-1) @ Buccaneers(2-1) - What will it be this week?

AZ_Eaglesfan

19 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Well the point about Carson was that he played well with what he had until 2020. Got to remember 2018 we lost Mike Wallace, Ajayi, and Sproles within the first 3 weeks or so and Alshon missed time. Carson was coming back from an injury and broke his back within the season. Still had over 3000 yards and 21 TDs in just 11 games while injured. 

2019 was essentially the same thing only worse. Ajayi and DJax both out beginning of the season although we had a rookie Miles Sanders and Jordan Howard. Alshon was a shell of himself already at this point. His one true and trusted weapon Ertz broke the record. This of course is the famous season of over 4000 yards with no WR getting 500 yards. 

Up until Carson completely broke (Thanks howie) he was known for making players around him better or getting the most out of that player. Thats a huge difference between him and Hurts. Carson could make plays with his arm (and legs at times) that Hurts simply cant. 2017 roster wasnt a world beater going into that season. We were just hoping to get into the playoffs that year with Carson taking a jump going into his second season and helping him by adding Alshon. Nobody expected that roster to play as well as it did, and Carson was a big reason they did play better. 

Carson didn’t play well in 2018. On a different forum I was calling to trade him. The offense was completely stagnant. His stats were empty. The offense was stuck in the mud. 

I saw what was coming a mile away. 

I think Carson is just glorified in retrospect because people are frustrated with hurts. 

Also I think the narrative around Carson is hilarious. That howie ruined him. Mahomes lost all his receivers, Josh Allen just lost all his receivers.

people get expensive. Teams have to rebuild. Howie has his faults, but mahomes last year was throwing to stone handed dufuses all year last year.

lets not glorify what was a very disappointing final 3 years of Carson. The eagles wanted to bring him back in 2021. He asked to be traded. 

he might still be the QB here if he didn’t ask to be traded

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

It’s objectively incorrect. Placing all the blame on Hurts for that game when the play your talking about never occurs if Saquon catches a wide open pass is the definition of dishonest. 

Hence my point that an honest conversation about Hurts is not possible. If all you want to do is place every negative on his shoulders and credit any positive to someone else there is simply nothing to talk about. 

And this isn’t a defense of Hurts or me saying he has been great. 

Having honest conversations about an eagles QB has been impossible since mcnabb.

thats why there’s a literal joke in the media that the eagles fans favorite player is the backup QB

its also why it’s hilarious that our superbowl was won with a backup QB

6 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

It’s objectively incorrect. Placing all the blame on Hurts for that game when the play your talking about never occurs if Saquon catches a wide open pass is the definition of dishonest. 

Hence my point that an honest conversation about Hurts is not possible. If all you want to do is place every negative on his shoulders and credit any positive to someone else there is simply nothing to talk about. 

And this isn’t a defense of Hurts or me saying he has been great. 

There are reasons why we were put into a position that we were in in the final minute, and then there is the final nail in the coffin. Fact of the matter is we still had a decent chance to win that game by kicking the FG. Hurts threw it up for grabs unnecessarily.

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Man that tweet about not surrounding Carson with talent is wild. The Eagles rosters in 2017 and 2018 were great. 2019 he had a good OL and an elite TE and terrible WR's. Sure he took us to the playoffs but that was just because our division was by far the worst in football and 9 wins snuck us in. 2020 the year the Eagles actually sucked Wentz was benched and then shipped off in the offseason. There were definitely poorly constructed teams in the McNabb era, but that is a long, long time ago.

What an abysmal take.

Mcnabb held us back in his own way. He was just not accurate enough

andy had his faults but with a more accurate thrower we probably would have won a Super Bowl with Andy.

it’s why I think he went in such an opposite direction with Kevin kolb as the QB of the future. A guy who was known for a quick release and accuracy.

andy knew how mcnabb held us back from winning the big one. 

but the post wentz glorification is sad. He literally wanted to leave. Howie had a poster of him in his office. Wentz might have even had a different career had he stayed. 

I think what’s absurd is people act like what wentz went through and failed at isn’t what literally every QB goes through

guys leave, guys get expensive, guys age. It’s football. There’s always rebuilding periods.

also Doug and press were big problems in 2020 as evidenced in jacksonville. The eagles fired Doug (who Carson allegedly wasn’t talking to)

but Carson didn’t want to try, he wanted to leave

i get Jalen hurts frustrations but the revisionist history on Carson is ridiculous 

Just now, UndyTaker said:

There are reasons why we were put into a position that we were in in the final minute, and then there is the final nail in the coffin. Fact of the matter is we still had a decent chance to win that game by kicking the FG. Hurts threw it up for grabs unnecessarily.

Saquon had objectively more to do with losing to Atlanta than Jalen 

So what you’re saying is it was more than just Hurts that lost us that game? Lol. 

I look forward to 2029 when the new Eagles QB has trended downwards a bit and eagles fans reminisce on Jalen hurts, and his great road record and overall win percentage and cite howie as having failed Jalen by not providing a talented enough defense and hanging onto Nick sirianni too long

Edited by Last Stand

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

So what you’re saying is it was more than just Hurts that lost us that game? Lol. 

Hes not the only reason why we were in the position we were, but Hurts put the nail in the coffin. That INT lost us the game when we still had a chance to win. 

Hes not the only reason why we were in the position we were, but Hurts put the nail in the coffin. That INT lost us the game when we still had a chance to win. 

And saquons drop would have literally had the clock strike 0:00 had he caught it

5 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

This is at least fair even I don’t agree with the assessment entirely. 

2 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

I’d say so, put up record breaking numbers in a Super Bowl I believe.

hows Carson done since? 

You just cant have an honest discussion about Carson Wentz lol

Hows Jalen done since?

Edited by UndyTaker