Political posts

RedRider

First off, this new forum is spectacular. I've been a member only a short while but I've been a long time lurker, so I'm aware this is the sites first overhaul. Being a free site, an overhaul certainly wasn't guaranteed to ever happen, but I'm very glad that it did.

Now to my issue: there have been far too many political posts on this new forum. Webby, I understand you have a zero tolerance policy for political posts. I love that. Most posters come to talk about football; most of us want to escape politics. And while there's always been some political posts on this site, it's been very bad as of late. Some threads, even entire subforums, are almost completely political. Mods give out warnings here and there, but posters keep doing this and sometimes even say "Why can't we talk about this? I'm just going to keep talking about it."

Basically, I love your stance on political posts and wish it was enforced stronger by moderators. Can you please make this happen?

12 minutes ago, RedRider said:

Some threads, even entire subforums, are almost completely political.

I think you are over exaggerating here.  There are always going to be some rule violations that moderators miss,  but to say that an entire subform is completely political is pretty far off.   You aren't going to find another forum that stops politics, race, and religion discussion as quickly as we do here.  

As always, if you see a rule violation that is missed, please send a message to the forum moderator and they will take care of it.   

I'll lock this up, as we aren't going to debate and discuss forum administration.  

Archived