Kony Ealy Released

PatriotsWin!

52 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Serious question, is Belichik likely going to turn Hightower into a pass rusher?  I can't understand what's going on there right now because I see like two pass rushers on your team.

Hightower has always been used in A-blitzes, and he saw some time rushing stunts and off the edge last season. It wouldnt be shocking to see him be more of a blitzer this season with David Harris on board. 

Just now, Deadpulse said:

Hightower has always been used in A-blitzes, and he saw some time rushing stunts and off the edge last season. It wouldnt be shocking to see him be more of a blitzer this season with David Harris on board. 

The David Harris signing is why I'm curious.  Don't you guys run predominantly a 4-3 look with only one ILB?  If so, would it be unheard of to think it's possibl eand maybe even likely that Hightower is going to be a full time edge rusher of sorts?  It makes sense with the contract he signed because you don't typically see that kind of contract for an ILB in the NFL, and with Rivers hurt and after losing Sheard, Ninkovich, Long and all the other pass rushers you had last year, I only see one legitimate edge rusher on your roster in Flowers.  He literally has more career sacks than anyone currently on your roster, too. 

After the last few years, we have had mostly a 4 man front. With some of out bigger UT types performing well, we may see more 3 man fronts this year and utlizing the LB depth on the edge ala Hightower/Mcclelin. However, even with the 4 man front, BB has seems to be trending to have 3 safeties at the expense of the LBs

Archived