Honestly do you think we're better?

G

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 9:54 AM, Darbsk said:

I'm not so sure that is the case though. When you say influx of talent it seems like we had waves of talent streaming in but in reality what we've done is:

Added Antonio Brown who is a star no doubt.
We have a gaping hole at RB and a decent third down back in Richard.
Swapped Cooper and Jordy Nelson for Williams and JJ Nelson which is a downgrade (though I did agree with the Cooper trade).
Let our Pro Bowl TE leave in FA and have a only run blocker and untested potential there.
Upgraded our LT spot to good with Trent Brown while downgrading at guard (basically if we stay healthy though we'll upgrade here).
We basically have nothing at DE but Key and his potential which can be debated.
Added Burfict who could be a bargain or complete distraction (I happen to like this move but it's not without question marks).
Swapped Gilchrist for Joyner a mild upgrade.
Swapped Melvin for Lawson, slight downgrade in my book.

Now, I'm not trying to be at all negative and we do have a nice haul of draft picks but it's not like we did a Rams from a year ago and brought in a host of stars. I just think we should all be a little cautious about our 'upgrades' until we see them actually produce.

IF we use those draft picks wisely we should be undoubtedly better than last year but it's not a slam dunk of upgrades which I think a lot of us were expecting and we are heavily relying on hitting on draft picks which, with even the greatest will in the world is 50/50. I can see potential for improvement but I'm not sold just yet.

Weve massively upgraded our WR core. AB is a legit top 3 WR, and TW is a top end #2.

Joyner will play more NB from what I hear so Id say hes an upgrade over Melvin, a long with Worley and another year with Conley

Burfict and Marshall at the very least give us experience at the LB position

Weve now added Crowell who I see as a slight upgrade over Lynch and Martin.

Trent Brown IF he continues on his path from last year, will be a massive upgrade over Miller at LT. And Miller gives us a chance to upgrade at RT.

Osemele hasn't been the same since 2016 imo, yes hes very talented, but is no longer the All Pro he was, or at least wasn't last year. Im hoping Gabe takes over at LG and Good can man the RG spot. Overall, I see a more well rounded group.

Yes, we still have holes. Specifically at TE, and DE, and can add depth and upgrade certain positions. But, overall, I believe we have a far more talented roster than last year. Which isn't even saying all that much really.

Archived