Pete's 2019 GM Mock Drafts: Saved the Best for Last: Mock #3 is up!

EaglesPeteC

10 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

That's fair

You're talking about a minimal asset to move up 5 spots and get one of the top tier OL in the draft. I also think Ford could plug in right away at OG. 

I wouldn't be against the idea philosophically, if that is what the Eagles choose to do IRL, I wouldn't have any qualms.

One of the major reasons I do these kind of mocks is to just play out different scenarios against other people who dont have the same board (unlike a draft simulator).

So in the previous two mocks, I prioritized the lines early and really lost out on Safety and was finding the boards to be really bare at safety in the middle rounds. So kind of the plan with this strategy was to get a S early and see what happens if I wait some of the OL and DL needs. That is also the reason I chose to grab Deebo rather than Cadjuste at 57. Because I hadn't done a mock yet where I grabbed a WR early. 

So that is really the exercise to see what do you lose or gain by trading up, back or staying at 25? If you go 1 position early, how do things shakes out later.

Personally I like this draft the best of the 3 I've done. I think all the needs get hit with players I am high on, we are all going to prefer different players which is what makes this interesting. 

Archived