Bears Workout 'Bama LB Christian Miller

soulman

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I like way you are doing it for reasons you stated.  Im not a fan of 300 page topics like is common in Packers forum. 

I am not in charge though. I'll defer to majority. 

I'm not trying to dominate anything or competing for some mythical prize believe me.

As I said I'm only doing what I've been doing for years on other forum but I also realize this place isn't those places.

All forums have their customs and I'm trying to learn my way around those used here.

With the draft approaching and our still having some unfilled needs there are also more articles I find I believe may be of interest so I post the best of what I can find but it's only a fraction of what's out there.  By listing those prospects whom we now know from Jonathan Woods analytical articles I was hoping we could better hone in on who we'd like to see Pace draft.  I can also be more thorough doing it this way.

And I am trying to avoid repeats of stuff we have beaten to death.

For instance.  Robbie Gould has still not signed his franchise tag and seems to be playing hard ball in his negotiations with SF to the point where John Lynch supposedly pursued Gostkowski before he re-signed with NE.

Lynch has also been quoted as saying that while he would like to sign Gould "both parties have to want that" which could be interpreted as Robbie hoping to force Lynch's hand and have him remove the tag freeing him to return to Chicago.

It could also just be Robbie using the Bears obvious interest as a negotiating ploy.  But what's interesting is that after bringing in 3 PKs for a tryout on Wed, including Caleb Sturgis who has significant NFL experience, Pace didn't sign any of them.

Here's a wild thought. 

What if it's SF who spends a draft pick on one of those top 3 PKs and not us?  That would typically lead to them removing the tag from Robbie so he's free to return to Chicago.  But it's still all just rumors and guesses and not anything we can depend on.....yet.

Archived