Mock Offseason Round 2

JetsDH23

Home from work. Just want to throw together a quick off season mock now that legal tampering has begun. Not really doing long explanations for this one, sorry in advance.

Cuts

Trumaine Johnson: Obvious

Daryl Roberts: Obvious

Josh Bellamy: Obvious

Brian Winters: I know it's reported that JD will bring him back, but I just don't see it.

Jonotthan Harrison: Upgrading the position

Restructure

Avery Williamson: I think they'll come to an agreement & bring him back to pair with CJ next season

Re-Signings

Alex Lewis: Brought back for depth. You will see why in FA

James Burgess: Had a nice 2nd half of the season. Provides solid ILB depth.

Bradon Copeland: Brought back for OLB depth.

Brian Poole: Had a GREAT season. No brainier to bring him back.

Arthur Maulet: Depth

Lac Edwards: Another player with conflicting reports, but again, I think the Jets bring him back

Trade

Jets send a their 2020 3rd round pick (68) & a 2021 4th round pick to the Redskins for Trent Williams. JD knows he has to rebuild the line and what better way than trading for a very solid LT. Most likely will sign him to an extension, but can use the money that would have gone to Conklin/Thuney for that.

Free Agency

Graham Glasgow-G/C-Lions: Jets seem to be VERY high on him & I think they'll get a deal done. Will play OG for the Jets.

Connor McGovern-G/C-Broncos: Another IOL who can play G/C. With the Jets, I have him also playing OG.

Matt Skura-C-Ravens: The Ravens placed a low tender on him & I think JD does what he cans to sign him.

Breshad Perriman-WR-Buccaneers: With RA most likely leaving in free agency, the Jets need someone to stretch the field. Perriman had a solid end of season run with the Bucs & JD hopes that continues into next season. Most likely a 1-2 year deal.

Chase Daniels-QB-Redskins: Solid backup for Darnold.

Vic Beasley-OLB-Falcons: I think Fowler's market will get too $$, so instead JD goes short term deals on hit or miss Edge rushers.

Kyle Van Noy-OLB-Patriots: Looks like Jordan Jenkins won't be coming back, this could be his replacement.

Jalen Mills-CB-Eagles: JD brings in some veteran depth for the CB position. Another player he's familiar with.

Ryan Succop-K-Titans: The Jets kicking situation was a MESS last year. Bring in a veteran.

Draft

TRADE: Jets trade pick #11 to the Colts for #13 & 3rd (75): Colts need a QB & trade up a few spots to ensure they land one before the Raiders.

#11: Jerry Jeudy-WR-Alabama: JD spent free agency protecting Darnold, now he needs to get him some new weapons. Jeudy is a play making WR the Jets need.

#48: AJ Terrell-CB-Clemson: I can see a few CB's slipping a round or two this draft. If this is the case for Terrell, the Jets should be thrilled to get him at #48. Upgrades the CB position big time.

#75: Michael Pittman Jr.-WR-USC: Played with Darnold at USC & has mentioned how'd he love to play with him in the NFL. The Jets make it happen.

#79: Zack Moss-RB-Utah: Need another RB behind Bell. I like Moss and think he can bring something to this offense.

#120: Matthew Peart-OT-UConn: Will battle Edoga for the starting RT position & honestly think he will win.

#158:Justin Herron-OT- Another OT. Needs some technique coaching & to add some bulk, but he can do that & learn while being behind Williams

#191: Jordan Fuller-S-Ohio St.: Three year starter at safety. With the way Gregg Williams runs his defense, he has 3 safeties out there at times, especially when Adams is rushing the QB.

#211: Lynn Bowden Jr.-WR-Kentucky: A gadget type player I believe the Jets need (think Brad Smith)

Depth Chart

Offense

QB: Darnold, Daniels

RB: Bell, Moss, Adams

FB: Wesco

WR: Jeudy, Smith

WR: Perriman, Pittman Jr.

Slot: Crowder, Bowden Jr.

TE: Herndon, Griffin, Brown

LT: WIlliams, Herron

LG: Glasgow, Lewis

C: Skura

RG: McGovern

RT: Edoga/Peart

Defense

DE: Williams, Phillips

NT: McClendon

DE: Anderson, Shepphard

OLB: Beasley, Basham

ILB: Williamson, Cashman

ILB: Mosley, Burgess

OLB: Van Noy, Copeland

CB: Austin, Maulet

CB: Terrell, Mills

Slot: Poole

SS: Adams, Fuller

FS: Maye

Special Teams

K: Succop

P: Lac

LS: Hennessey

Thoughts

I went with JD going OL heavy in FA. I think building a veteran OL for Darnold, especially the IOL, will be more beneficial for him taking that next step. If that happens, they can then use their picks to stock up on WR in a very deep class while also addressing other needs like CB. Let me know what you think

Edited by JetsDH23