Tom Brady has a book!

Deadpulse

And its kind of interesting!

ESPN has an article with some tidbits:

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4805699/in-new-book-tom-brady-says-he-never-threw-ball-better-than-2016

I pulled out some ones I liked:

I thought: 'If I don't treat practice like a game, there's no way the coaches will let me play in an actual game.' ... It's a rule I still live by today."

Friday at 6 a.m. was his "secret" time. Writing about his early years with the Patriots, Brady shares how he carved out one-on-one time with former strength and conditioning coach Mike Woicik. "With every level you reach, everyone gets faster, stronger and better, and I had to work really hard just to be competitive. That's why every Friday at 6 a.m., when no one else was around, I worked with [him] doing speed and footwork drills, trying to close the gap between me and my teammates."

"Sustained peak performance isn't about changing one or two habits in your life. It is your life. It requires commitment. It requires discipline. It requires openness. My career as an NFL quarterback and my life aren't two separate things. Every hour of every day in my life revolves around my job ... As a pro quarterback, I train about four hours per day -- and I'm committed to making every hour of every day count."

"I want to play until my mid-40s, and I realize that requires a focused, disciplined approach," he writes. "I've always been motivated to target and improve on my deficiencies, and I still am. Coach Belichick says, 'You pay the price in advance.' and a teammate of mine liked to say that 'The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.' The reason I got a chance to play pro football in the first place back in 2001 was that one of my teammates got hurt. I never want to see someone else do my job -- which is one reason why I need to stay healthy."

Archived