OT: Should all NORTHERN teams be required to play in a dome?

Heavy_Flow

I know that football is supposed to be the all-weather sport, but as a fan, I don't want to watch teams playing in a blizzard are sub-artic temperatures.  I think Buffalo, Kansas City, Green Bay, Philly, and other northern teams should have to play in a dome.  Thoughts?

The teams you mentioned have a lot of history and for the most part love their stadiums/ home field advantage. 

The Bills are breaking ground on a new stadium and it was a very “heated” debate when they settled on building one without a roof. It seemed like the fans were 50/50 on whether they wanted a roof or not. I think it mostly a culture thing, but there’s also the money aspect as well. Domed stadiums are now in the 2 billion dollar range, and owners usually use taxpayer funds. ( I think taxpayers are footing more than half the cost for the Bills)

It’ll be interesting to see what the Bears do as they are currently trying to get a new stadium somewhere in the suburbs of Chicago. KC, Green Bay and Philly aren’t moving from their current situations anytime soon.

• Like 1