FF's Big Board #4

MaddHatter

Who is the 4th Best Prospect in the 2024 NFL Draft?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the 4th Best Prospect in the 2024 NFL Draft?

• Drake Maye
    • Jayden Daniel
    • Malik Nabers
    • Rome Odunze
    • Amarius Mims
    • Olu Fashanu
    • Taliese Fuaga
    • Cooper DeJean
    • Quinyon Mitchell
    • Nate Wiggins
    • Jared Verse
    • Dallas Turner
    • Chop Robinson
    • Brock Bowers
    • Byron Murphy
    • Jer'Zhan Newton
    • Jackson Powers-Johnson
    • Graham Barton
    • Other (Post in Thread)

41 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm going Maye, he has all of the tools to be a top tier QB. 

Do people really think Chop Robinson is the 4th best player in the class?

Nobody has voted for Chop, so clearly not

1 hour ago, MaddHatter said:

I guess they’re just my personal opinions, but if I can get a starting WR at #40 but can only get a starting TE at #5, I’m probably going to value TE1 over WR2-3

Yes, but then that isn’t:

13 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

Big Boards should be built around best player, regardless of positional value or team needs.

16 minutes ago, Soko said:

Yes, but then that isn’t:

Positional value days Drake should be #2

Team need is dependent on each team

What I’m saying is that supply/demand has a place. If I have 1 TE in my top 100 and 15 WRs, and my TE1 is EQUAL (not above or below, but same) as my WR2, then logic says my TE1 gets the tie breaker because my WR 3-15 are going to be relatively equal at my next pick where ad the gap from TE1 to TE2 is massive and TE3 is as wide as the Grand Canyon.

Thats not positional value or team need, that’s draft strength and availability 

19 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

Positional value days Drake should be #2

Team need is dependent on each team

What I’m saying is that supply/demand has a place. If I have 1 TE in my top 100 and 15 WRs, and my TE1 is EQUAL (not above or below, but same) as my WR2, then logic says my TE1 gets the tie breaker because my WR 3-15 are going to be relatively equal at my next pick where ad the gap from TE1 to TE2 is massive and TE3 is as wide as the Grand Canyon.

Thats not positional value or team need, that’s draft strength and availability 

Based on positions, though. Is a big board “who I would pick, in order” or is it “pure grades”? Interesting.

I viewed it as, in simpler terms, if you gave these guys all madden grades, how would they be ordered numerically? Maybe I’m way off and against the consensus, all these years lol.

Edited by Soko
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Soko said:

Based on positions, though. Is a big board “who I would pick, in order” or is it “pure grades”? Interesting.

I viewed it as, in simpler terms, if you gave these guys all madden grades, how would they be ordered numerically? Maybe I’m way off and against the consensus, all these years lol.

Not at all - that’s why I pose the question in the first place.  Obviously only Al Davis is taking a kicker here but at some point the values get intertwined with availability at a later stage