Packers hire Mike Pettine as Defensive Coordinator

marky mark

Green Bay has replaced their GM, OC, and DC, but they still have the head coach from the old regime.  I have long said that Mike McCarthy is a good coach, but what do Packer fans think will happen with him?  Once the front office is in place, will they give him one year, or is his position still pretty solid for the long term?  Does he maybe stay as long as Rodgers is playing?

4 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Green Bay has replaced their GM, OC, and DC, but they still have the head coach from the old regime.  I have long said that Mike McCarthy is a good coach, but what do Packer fans think will happen with him?  Once the front office is in place, will they give him one year, or is his position still pretty solid for the long term?  Does he maybe stay as long as Rodgers is playing?

McCarthy was part of the interviewing process for the new GM and now reports directly to Mark Murphy. McCarthy isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. 

41 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

McCarthy was part of the interviewing process for the new GM and now reports directly to Mark Murphy. McCarthy isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. 

Interesting.  Thanks Ketchup.  So far, it looks like you guys are making some good moves.  I've been saying for several years that I would keep MM and dump Ted.  Capers was an obvious problem, and they got rid of him too.  It has the potential of being a great offseason for you.   

Archived