Seattle Seahawks @ Los Angeles Chargers - Preseason Week 2

showtime

VGp8NZw.jpg

Saturday, August 18th at 10pm EST the Seahawks travel to Los Angeles to take on the Chargers.

Really excited for this game, but I'm not sure if I will be able to watch it because it's a west coast game.  Excited to see some Derwin James action on the Chargers side and for the Seahawks the defense has been looking pretty good in camp so far.  I'm really focusing on the safety play as it becomes more apparent that Earl Thomas may not be on the roster for opening day of the regular season and of course the Griffin twins.

The first team offense on their first drive looked pretty good.  Moved the ball down the field, but had to settle for a FG.  The first team defense looks really shaky against the Chargers first team offense on the first drive of the game.  Rivers made a kind of crazy 21 yard completion that really spearheaded the drive, but the secondary looks pretty bad in general.  Obviously losing Chancellor, Sherman and Thomas will do that, but it's kind of worrisome.  I'm really concerned with how the defensive front is going to get consistent pressure, making it even more difficult for the secondary.

One bright note is that David Moore looked sensational.  He high pointed two jump balls.  That drive ended on a fumble by Carson on the goal line, but Moore showed a lot during that drive.  He single handledly carried the offense 70+ yards.

Archived