Two questions to ponder.

jleisher

I see Murphy retiring if the pressure gets to hot for him and the team.  He has done great things for the Packers outside of football, but, I agree, he should have stepped in when TT was slipping.  Here's how I look at it with who's at fault, 30% coaching, 45% TT, drafting, 20% Mr. Murphy and the last 5% on Mr. Rodgers.

21 hours ago, jleisher said:

The heat is on MM and some on Rodgers, but is Mark Murphy getting a free pass here?  After all, it was on his watch that TT didn't restock the talent.  Fair question?

I'm not sure what Murphy is supposed to be getting the heat for.  We saw the organizational restructure last offseason, so if that's not correcting  the issue at hand I'm not sure what is.  And people are always going to complain that the change didn't come soon enough rather than changing things too early.

21 hours ago, jleisher said:

What if, again, not saying it will or it won't, but what if when the Packers 1st round pick is up and sitting at # whatever is Justin Herbert QB Oregon, do you make the pick?  Trade down, or skip over him and select another player of lower value?

Take a QB?  Absolutely not.  Rodgers is locked in for 2 more seasons before they actually save money.  It's 3 years before they save significant money, so they'd be drafting a guy for that 2nd contract.  They're not going to waste Rodgers' latter part of his career.

Archived