Fired Head Coaches Who Could Help The Lions

Just Want A Title

I have been reading about all of the coaches who are being fired.  Some of them might really help us if we brought them in as Coordinators or assistant head coaches.  On offense, I think it would be great if we could get Adam Gase to come in as our offensive coordinator.  His GM kept traded away a fair amount of talent.  A sleeper candidate would be Marcus Brady from the Indianapolis Colts.  He has a great run as a player and coach in the CFL.  His work with the colts offense this year has been pretty solid.  Shane Waldron is being talked up a lot but his NFL experience is as a passing game coordinator and quality control coach.  He wouldn't offer much in terms of coaching different positions or as an assistant head coach.

On defense, I could see Marvin Lewis, Todd Bowles or Steve Wilkes to being brought in to help our defense and maybe have a role as an assistant head coach.    All three of them didn't have a GM that did a good job at giving them talent to work with.  I am not sold on Paul Pasqualoni and at 69 years old, I am not sure how many more seasons he can grind it out.  I think he was a great resource to have during Patricia's first year but I don't see him hanging in any more than one or two more seasons.

Thoughts?

Archived