TJ Ward Rips Broncos, Calls Release "Unprofessional"

AnAngryAmerican

TJ Ward is not a happy camper

New Buccaneers safety T.J. Ward had some sharp words for his former Denver Broncos team and the way the front office handled his departure.

"I just think they handled it completely unprofessional," said Ward, who had been among the Broncos' final roster cuts. "They could have let me know that was going on. You had a full offseason, ya know? I know it's a business, but when you have good employees, you're supposed to treat your employees a certain way."

I don't blame TJ for being upset.

But this begs the questions, given that he is speaking out in this manner publicly, you have to wonder what his former-teammates are saying behind closed doors. How will this impact our ability to land top-tier free agents in the future? How much more difficult will it be when it comes time to extend some of our current players? Guys likely will not be taking the massive hometown discounts to stay here the way they have in the past. 

Things are not looking good as we're less than a week from playing our first game that counts. Locker room discord can, more than just about anything, ruin a season from the inside out. Vance and the coaching staff better be spending a lot of time this week smoothing things over with the 53 guys they did keep. If the season goes badly, and, let's face it in Denver 9-7 and no playoff is a bad year, things could get ugly in these parts real quick. 

Archived