Patriots add McVay's offensive coordinator assistant to staff; Good or Bad?

DoleINGout

To clarify: I think the run game needs to be emphasized more, not less. I'm just saying overall this hiring gives me hope. I like that this is not a promotion from within because bringing an outsider's perspective varies the thinking and considerations that go into game planing and play calling.

• Like 1

Good to see an extra offensive mind joining the team. They are still in need of multiple additions to the offensive coaching staff though. 

He appears to have worked on multiple areas of offenses but I would still like to see some specific position coaches unless they plan on having Troy Brown take over WR's full time. 

I can only imagine BB will remain a major part of the defense ( especially because i expect an infusion of younger talent) so having more offensive coaches feels like a requirement. 

A couple of interesting things to note as it relates to this hire and Tom Brady is that Jedd Fisch previously coordinated the offense at Michigan for two seasons before spending time at UCLA while Josh Rosen was a junior in 2017 and then joining the Rams the previous two years.

Some names to keep in mind that Fisch has coached: Eddie Royal, Cecil Shorts, Blake Bortles, Allen Robinson, Denard Robinson, Jake Rudock, Josh Rosen.

7 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

A couple of interesting things to note as it relates to this hire and Tom Brady is that Jedd Fisch previously coordinated the offense at Michigan for two seasons before spending time at UCLA while Josh Rosen was a junior in 2017 and then joining the Rams the previous two years.

A lot of people speculate that Brady could be interested in returning out west to where he grew up. Others have speculated that Brady recently listing his Brookline house for sale and living in Manhattan could signal his intentions to sign elsewhere.

Edited by DoleINGout