Playing Franchise for Long Term/Immersion

Dynozaurs

New here... how do you guys play franchise for the long term and keep it immersive? I'm talking like 10-15+ years. I'm thinking of a OC/HC mode idea that may help with this. I know I can't do 10-15 years if I control everything and play full games, since that takes so much time, so how do you go about that? Any creative ideas to make that happen yet feel realistic and immersive?

For example, I'll play as OC for a season by playing offense only, and then if I do well, pick a team with a head coach opening. Or I'll sim a season and pick a team with a head coach opening instead so I'm not an OC. Then, I'll only control training, injuries, scouting and drafting. CPU control signings etc. So when it comes to each offseason, I only draft players based on my CPU resignings/contracts. I'd imagine this would challenge me to work with the roster I have but still enjoy drafting. Thinking of Playing the Moments to get through seasons faster, and maybe PTM/full games for playoffs. I'm not sure if this is the best immersion but could work.

Your thoughts or strategies?

I used to be able to do this no issue while playing a good 2/3 of the games each year.  Back when Madden mattered.

Back when Madden has a list of Hall of Fame players.  Back when you could easily see season and career statistics for players (how hard is it to add a career totals line).

Now I just get bored of it after 2 years.  There is no joy in a mix of full games and simulation since the simulation sucks.  You’ll have Aaron Rodgers throwing 20 touchdown and 14 interceptions even if you set him to 99 in everything and then you’ll have Josh Allen throw for 30 touchdowns and 2 interceptions.

Further, the majority of positions DO NOT MATTER in franchise mode.

You can have a 70 overall RT, LT, G and C, but if you’ve got three receivers above 90, your QB will never get sacked and have a billion yards.

Stock up on pass rushers and defensive backs?  Lol, Madden don’t care.  

My defense actually allows less points the worse it is.  

There is no rhyme and no reason to simulation in Madden franchise mode.  NONE.

• Like 1

Good luck.

Immersion for me requires strategy, fresh ideas, quality game dynamics and obviously, fun.    

Madden offers none of them, especially if youre a sim gamer....at least not for numerous seasons.

I could go through a long list of the issues that absolutlely kill immersion for me, but I am not trying to sour your experience.   If you can find a way to get long term satisfaction out of current franchise mode...Im jealous.