My First Ever Mock

xrade

Yes.  This is my first try, ever.  I am going by what I think JD and company may do. Here it goes:

1.2 - Zack Wilson - QB:  Duh

1.23 - Zaven Collins - LB:  With the top 4 CB's, AVT and Jenkins off the board, this is the most logical fit.  If Collins is gone, expect a trade down but I dont see Collins and the aforementioned 6 other players all gone by 23.  Collins is the most versatile LB in the draft, fills a hole, and makes Saleh happy.

2.34 - **Trade** - Jets trade 34 and 2022 round 6 pick to Dallas for 2.44 and pick 3.99

2.44 - Jalen Mayfield - OG/OT:  Mayfield fits what LaFleur want to run.  Can play OG and OT if needed.  JD values scheme diversity.  Other iOL available at 34 may not suit LaFleur's system so JD takes a chance on a trade down to target Mayfield in this spot.  Wade Davis is still available but many teams may feel he has reached his peak and, in our case, is not as scheme diverse.

**Trade**  Jets trade 3.66 and 3.99 to Ind for 2.54

2.54 - Ifeatu Melifonwu - CB:  IM is rising and may not even last this long but chances are he is there and JD makes the move.  IM is a great fit for this D. He has the size, plays zone, and has the physicality and quick feet to play press-man.  He will take his lumps early but will get better as the season wears on.  Come 2022, Hall and IM on the perimeter will be a good combo.

3.86 - Kenneth Gainwell - RB:  Another perfect scheme fit.  Would be surprised if he is available but if not, look for Trey Sermon or Amari Rodgers here.  Gainwell is just too good to pass up at this point.

4.107 - Kendrick Green - OG:  Another player on the rise and another player that fits our OL scheme.  A bit raw as he is a converted DL with only three years on OL, but his athleticism makes him perfect for a wide zone system.  Expect him to sit and start late in the year if necessary or start in 2022.

5.146 - Jonathan Cooper - EDGE:  He will strictly be a DPR and maybe heir apparent to Lawson.  I like Shaka Toney here but I think he will be gone.  I don't think Saleh is done on the DL and will convince JD to go EDGE here.  It is also possible that Amari Rodgers may fall here but I am doubtful.

5.154 - Dazz Newsome - WR:  Our future slot WR.  Quick, good hands, good getting in and out of breaks.  Needs more route tree polish and better use of hands for separation.  Expect him to start in 2022.

6.186 - JaCoby Stevens - S:  Developmental SS to play the nickle LB role.  Will mostly be used in sub packages unless he really develops quickly.  Has the size and experience playing this role.  Qwynnterrio Cole is another SS prospect to look at here, but is better suited to coverage and playing a low safety role in a cover 3.

6.226 - Evan McPherson - PK:  Jose Borregals is gone so we go with the second best PK.  Will give Ficken some camp competition before being stashed on PS.  Expect him to only see action if Ficken goes into a funk which is highly probable.  2022 starter.

• Like 2