Week 14 Overreactions: The "Tyler Huntley is better than Lamar Jackson" Edition

AFlaccoSeagulls

16 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I already explained why that scenario was silly. I guess you just disagree with that?

So, because the refs didn't do their job in an area that favored Baltimore in a crucial situation and allowed them to get away with a game altering non call in their favor, that doesn't count? That's what we're going with here?

13 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

"some of the calls that went in our favor" like what? We've discussed the OPI on Bateman, anything else? You had 4 flags against you, surely it shouldn't be hard.

But yeah, pearl clutching and all that...

Aside from the DB clearly impeding his route on an underthrown ball (which we both said that we'd absolutely change in that rules thread a few weeks ago), which is clearly DPI (it shouldn't be, but that's the rule)...

...I watched this happen with Joe Flacco an infinite amount of times, and it helped win you guys a Super Bowl.

2018-09-15-FlaccoSpecial.png

13 hours ago, jrry32 said:

But the refs appears to be the one telling him what to do there? You can't tell a player to do something and then flag him for doing it.

And again, that's still a missed call in favor of the Ravens, which again per my point, shows how egregious NFL officiating is and is far from one sided, especially this past game. It's completely irrelevant per the context of the entire discussion.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

So, because the refs didn't do their job in an area that favored Baltimore in a crucial situation and allowed them to get away with a game altering non call in their favor, that doesn't count? That's what we're going with here?

"allowed them to get away" is not accurate when the guys were not trying to get away with anything. They were trying to get lined up properly and the referee was too incompetent to get them lined up! lol

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Aside from the DB clearly impeding his route on an underthrown ball (which we both said that we'd absolutely change in that rules thread a few weeks ago), which is clearly DPI (it shouldn't be, but that's the rule)...

You can't impede a route when your head is turned around and you're playing the ball and the WR is tackling you...If he wasn't turned and playing the ball, I'd agree. If he was using his arms to impede the WR, I'd agree with you. But he wasn't.

10 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

"allowed them to get away" is not accurate when the guys were not trying to get away with anything. They were trying to get lined up properly and the referee was too incompetent to get them lined up! lol

So, let me rephrase:

The referee's incompetence, which favored Baltimore in a crucial game deciding situation, doesn't count? That's what we're going with?

10 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

You can't impede a route when your head is turned around and you're playing the ball and the WR is tackling you...If he wasn't turned and playing the ball, I'd agree. If he was using his arms to impede the WR, I'd agree with you. But he wasn't.

That left arm draped around him isn't exactly a viable attempt to play the ball.