Most Talented Division - WR Position

Ward4HOF

Who ya got?

Tough call, but what made me think of this thread was the absolute 'silliness' going on down in the AFC South, with very limited talent experience at QB:

Deshaun Watson/Savage

Jacoby Brissett

Blake Bortles

Marcus Mariota

Yet, at WR this season, you've got the #2 and #3 producing ydg WRs (depending on tonight/Monday night) in Hilton and Hopkins. Jax's Le and Hurns are filling in the void left by Robinson, nd Rishard Matthews is having a decent season, as well.

Out West, though, both the AFC and NFC have some strong contenders on the Rams, Chiefs, Raiders, Seattle, and of course, Allen on the Chargers.

Those would be my top 3, though the Vikes/GB/Det and TB/ATL/NO have strong arguments as well.

I'm just most impressed by the AFC South and the production those guys have put out despite not having the 'big time arms' throwing to them...   

My first reaction was "Brown and Green are in the same division" but you make a good argument for the A South. 

This also isn't bad: Jones, Thomas, Evans, Jackson, Snead, Sanu. 

OBJ, Bryant, Agholor, Beasley - not bad

Nelson, Thielen, Diggs, Jones - pretty handy

We can rule out AFC E, AFC W (Thomas isn't the player he was), NFC W. 

17 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

My first reaction was "Brown and Green are in the same division" but you make a good argument for the A South. 

This also isn't bad: Jones, Thomas, Evans, Jackson, Snead, Sanu. 

OBJ, Bryant, Agholor, Beasley - not bad

Nelson, Thielen, Diggs, Jones - pretty handy

We can rule out AFC E, AFC W (Thomas isn't the player he was), NFC W. 

But Green and Brown, and that's it. Sure, JuJu and Bryant MIGHT come along, but right now, I don't think anyone can touch Hopkins, Hilton, Robinson (when healthy).

I think you might be sleeping on the NFC West--Fitz still has some juice let in the tank, then add in the WR trio from the Rams--Watkins, Woods, Kupp--and even SF has Pierre Garcon (who might old, but is still producing), and Seattle with Baldwin/Richardson.  I know it doesn't sound flashy, but these guys are getting it done.

I agree, though, the NFC South does look formidable, and the NFC E does as well' not sure how I missed them. With OBJ (arguably the most 'gifted' WR), Bryant, and Agholor, they look good too.

And yes, as mentioned, the NFC N, counting #2s:   Min--Diggs/Thielen ; GB--Nelson/Cobb/Adams ; Det--Tate/Jones ; Chi--Umm...OK, well, 3 out of 4 ain't bad, and the Bears do have Wright, who CAN be good, given a decent QB, bu that's why the AFC South is just mind-boggling...even Marqise Lee looks decent this year, as he and Hurns are filling in nicely for a lost Robinson,bu then you have Hilton and Hopkins? Then add in their #2s, Fuller and Moncrief.

It's tough, but I still give the edge to AFC S, so...

#1 - AFC South

#2 - NFC North

#3 - T - NFC South/NFC West (cop out, I know :D)

Oof...but then there's the AFC West with Cooper/Crabtree, Tyreek Hill, Keenan Allen, and DT/Sanders...ah, heck, this hard. I'd put them T-3rd as well...

1 hour ago, Ward4HOF said:

But Green and Brown, and that's it. Sure, JuJu and Bryant MIGHT come along, but right now, I don't think anyone can touch Hopkins, Hilton, Robinson (when healthy).

So you reckon that given a choice, people would select Hopkins, Hilton and Robinson over Brown and Green? Possibly. It's close, but I'd rather Brown and Green. Two of the top 5.

6 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

So you reckon that given a choice, people would select Hopkins, Hilton and Robinson over Brown and Green? Possibly. It's close, but I'd rather Brown and Green. Two of the top 5.

2014-17 -----------------------------------2016-17

5531 yds / 21 TDs - Jones - 2067 yds / 7 TDs (22 gms)

5651 yds / 38 TDs - Brown - 2119 yds / 15 TDs (23 gms)

4619 yds / 21 TDs - Hilton - 2150 yds / 9 TDs (25 gms)

4377 yds / 29 TDs - Hopkins - 1646 yds / 12 TDs (24 gms)

3880 yds / 24 TDs - Green - 1542 yds / 8 TDs (18 gms)

I think these 5 have a pretty good argument for top 7; I'd include Hilton and Hopkins as being arguably top 7, so if Robinson is top 12ish.  Others like OBJ, Allen, Nelson, Cooper, Evans, Cooks round out the top 12 (not in order, of course...OBJ would be in the top 5). Dez should be in their too, with DT, but they've fallen off somewhat. Tyreek Hill needs more than a 1/2 season to prove he deserves to be up there.

Anyway, if Hilton, Hopkins, and Robinson...2 top 8 guys, and a top 12 guy are in one division, then yes, I'd put them over the AFC North, especially with Donte Moncrief, Rishard Matthews, Marqise Lee, Allen Hurns, and Eric Decker also in the division.  In this case, Quantity over Quality.

Archived