The year was 1981..........

Realphinsfan

...........and a soon-to-be 8-8 Detroit Lions team was about to play a soon-to-be 12-4 Dallas Cowboys team. People in my area (just outside Dallas at that time) absolutely lambasted the Lions' chances of winning that game, talking about how bad the Lions were going to lose. My mom, who wouldn't have me for another 2 years, sat and heard it and silently developed a loathing of the Dallas Cowboys and their fanbase.

The Detroit Lions won that game 27-24 and the Lions gained a new fan.

My mom wasn't particularly passionate about football, but she always claimed the Lions as her team. 

Unfortunately she passed away in 2015, but I know she'd be happy to see how y'alls offense is lighting it up this year. The D still needs some work, but this is maybe the most exciting the Lions have been since Barry Sanders did inhuman things on the field. I will always be a DIE-HARD Miami Dolphins fan, but Detroit is my #2 in memory of my mom and I will wish you guys the best moving forward. The fans deserve it and the city deserves it.

Take care guys. See y'all October 30th (the day after my birthday no less)

Edited by Realphinsfan
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Realphinsfan said:

...........and a soon-to-be 8-8 Detroit Lions team was about to play a soon-to-be 12-4 Dallas Cowboys team. People in my area (just outside Dallas at that time) absolutely lambasted the Lions' chances of winning that game, talking about how bad the Lions were going to lose. My mom, who wouldn't have me for another 2 years, sat and heard it and silently developed a loathing of the Dallas Cowboys and their fanbase.

The Detroit Lions won that game 27-24 and the Lions gained a new fan.

My mom wasn't particularly passionate about football, but she always claimed the Lions as her team. 

Unfortunately she passed away in 2015, but I know she'd be happy to see how y'alls offense is lighting it up this year. The D still needs some work, but this is maybe the most exciting the Lions have been since Barry Sanders did inhuman things on the field. I will always be a DIE-HARD Miami Dolphins fan, but Detroit is my #2 in memory of my mom and I will wish you guys the best moving forward. The fans deserve it and the city deserves it.

Take care guys. See y'all October 30th (the day after my birthday no less)

I'm glad that we can all come together and find harmony as a community with a shared hatred of the Cowboys. 

Thanks for coming around amigo. 

• Like 1