Broncos trade Bradley Chubb to Miami for Chase Edmonds, 2023 1st, 2024 4th

BroncoSojia

3 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

I did mistakenly exclude all 4 games of of 2019.  I thought he was hurt that preseason as well, but it turns out he wasn't.  My bad.  Still over a 10.5 sack per season pace over his career when he's healthy.

It really doesn't take any mental gymnastics at all to throw out the 2021 season in the context of what Chubb can do when he's healthy.  He messed up his ankle in preseason.  Missed week 1.  Rushed back and made it worse to the point that he had to have ankle surgery and was placed on IR.  Came back after the IR stint a shell of himself the rest of the year.  Dealt with some other injuries as well I think, but nothing hampered him as much as the ankle.  Go watch his film and you will see he clearly wasn't the same guy he was up until that point in his career, or the same guy he has been so far this year.  

But again, if you want to hold 2021 against Chubb as a whole in regards to his overall sketchy injury history and a potential inability to "tough it out" and play anywhere near his normal level, that is 100% justified.  2021 just doesn't belong anywhere near a conversation about Chubb's ability while healthy.  

I’d say you’re painting a flawed picture if your goal is to look at the player. If we decided to do this exercise where we exclude player’s worst, most injured seasons, then extrapolate their efficiency/17 games, I suspect everyone in the NFL is due for a career year.