REDandPETWER - first updated Mock offseason/Draft 1.0

Bucs recently cut Leonard Fournette, Cam Brate, and Donovan Smith. They also freed up 44 million in cap space with restructuring the contracts of Vita Vea, Chris Godwin, Carlton Davis. This will open up the doors for bargain signings. 

Trades bucs will listen too: 

- G Shaq Mason (still a potential cap cut)

- LB Devin White (i dont think he's worth the contract he'll get)

- Edge Shaq Barrett ( over paid coming off achiles - might be best suited for a contender) 

My FA re-Signings: 

- ILB Lavonte David : I think Tampa finds a way to keep David home. 2 years 15 Million (10 mm guranteed) He hasn't shown much sign of regression. I think atleast two more years can solidify the middle as White has clearly shown he cannot take over. 

- Edge Carl Nassib 1 year deal vet .minum 

- S Keanu Neal 1 year deal vet min. 

- DT/DE William Gholston 1 year deal vet min. 

- C Nick Leverrett 1 year tender 

Pending: CB Sean Murphy Bunting - While I'm more interested in moving Bunting to Safety to maximize his IQ and Ballhawking skills - the Bucs haven't seen it lol. He could be back on a cheap deal but this would be pending on his market value. 

Trades: 

- LB Devin White to Pittsburgh for their Second Round pick and a 2024 5th round pick (can turn into 4th with escalators) : White's tweet/IG post was cryptic and rumors are flying that Licht is listening to trade offers for several players. 

- G Shaq Mason to Chicago for a 5th round pick.  : Bucs need multiple draft picks. Chicago is desperate to fill atleast 4 holes on the OL. They have the cap space to do so with minimum risk and a day 3 pick as comp. 

Free Agent Signings: 

- QB Jacoby Brissett 1 year deal: I'm no cap-expert but I feel the bucs are making the cap work just so they can fit a few bargain signings and a QB to compete with Trask. 

- RB Rashad Penny 1 year Deal: Penny will come cheap 

- CB Rock ya Sin - 1 year deal : Bucs will be bargain hunting. Sin is good when healthy. Banking on health here at a bargain. 

- DL Solomon Thomas 1 year deal : Depth signing

- QB Drew Locke 1 year deal : Theres plenty of upside with this guy but if he doesn't beat out Trask or Brissett ; he can be cut in August. 

Draft: 

With top guys off the board and the Chiefs loaded with draft picks - the Bucs move down to 31 for their 2nd and 4th round selections. This will give us 3 second round picks; a 4th, and 3 5th rounds to round out the depth. 

First Round: Anthony Harrison T Oklahoma : I'm not sure Tampa toys with Wirfs moving to LT. So Harrison is the pick. Fringe day 1/Early 2 selection - he has the size and athleticism to hold down the LT position. Not as much upside as a Jaelyn Duncan but Duncan is more of a HIGH RISK HIGH REWARD. Harrison floor i feel is solid to a pro bowl ceiling. 

2nd round pick: Antonio Johnson S/CB Texas AM: Absolute beast and a player that can play nickle and strong safety. Typical Bowles guy on defense. 

2nd round Pick Via Pittsburgh: Zach Pickens DT/DE South Carolina: Get another body upfront. Pickens is a stout run defender who can get to the QB. Good fit to our DL and depth. 

2nd Round Pick via KC: Felix Anudike-Uzomah Edge, Kansas State: We need to add depth to the edge rush position. Uzomah is strong and fast off the edge. Can develop as the 3rd guy off the edge. 

3rd Round: Darius Rush CB South Carolina: Tall, fast, and has playmaking ability. Similar prospect to Dean who is flying under the radar a bit. 

4th round (via KC trade):  Daiyan Henley, ILB Washington State: Fast LB who needs to add a bit of weight. Can compete with Britt for the starting position. 

5th round via Chicago trade: KT Levenston G Kansas State: Add competition to the interior Line. Goedeke and Hainsey started last year and 2/3 should be filled out after the draft. 

5th round : Luke Schoonmaker  TE Michigan: was their #2 TE as a blocker, showed decent pass catching ability. 

5th round Compensatory: Dorian Thompson Robinson QB UCLA: Offers a developmental QB with upside. Athletic with a strong arm and high IQ - Robinson can operate our QB friendly system. Can develop into at worst a long term back up role. 

6th Round: Tiyon Evans RB Louisville: Big back with solid speed. Not huge production but the one that caught my eye is YPC with minimal touches. Can carve out a back up role on this roster. 

7th round: Keondre Koburn DT Texas: Adds depth to DT/NT posoition 

7th round Comp. Pick: Payne Durham TE Purdue: Blocking TE - could be gone at this point but his value is still round 6-7-UDFA. 

Draft Summary: Bucs anticipate to lose a lot with minimal cap space. They do everything they can to keep lavonte and a few depth pieces/fringe starters on defense. Devon White is eating up cap space and will command a Roqaun Smith deal when hes not even nearly the type of player so I'd move off him easily. 

I think this draft sets up the offense to be more run oriented and prioritizes the defensive losses projected in the offseason. 

At QB - Trask will be given every opportunity to compete for the role. Loche is a projected signing as I think Bowles is comments are he will COMPETE and earn it over legitimate competition they can afford. Is it a stretch we sign 2 guys like Brissett and Locke? Yeah, for sure. Locke still has some upside if he can put it together. Can easily make all the throws with a strong and accurate arm. Consistency is his issue so maybe a year of losing out to Geno and learning may have done him well. If not - he's cut. 

If we could net a 2nd plus for Devin I'd personally do it but Bowles is head over heels over Devin so I feel like it's unrealistic 

I like the FA signings and resignings 

As for the draft idk much about Harrison so I'll have to watch him

Antonio Johnson is decent, but I prefer Sydney Brown myself 

Anudike-Uzomah is all over everyone at PRs battle plans so they must know something they aren't sharing 

Henley's film makes him look a bit stiff so I'm not a big fan, but PFF loves him

I went back and watched Schoonmaker and Tucker Kraft and I like both of them more than the higher rated Musgrave so I'd be happy with taking him

Love Durham late

58 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

If we could net a 2nd plus for Devin I'd personally do it but Bowles is head over heels over Devin so I feel like it's unrealistic 

I like the FA signings and resignings 

As for the draft idk much about Harrison so I'll have to watch him

Antonio Johnson is decent, but I prefer Sydney Brown myself 

Anudike-Uzomah is all over everyone at PRs battle plans so they must know something they aren't sharing 

Henley's film makes him look a bit stiff so I'm not a big fan, but PFF loves him

I went back and watched Schoonmaker and Tucker Kraft and I like both of them more than the higher rated Musgrave so I'd be happy with taking him

Love Durham late

Devin White had some sort of "thank you" IG post the other day. While he wants a 100MM similar to what Roquan Smith just got - I honestly will say I'd be rather disappointed if we gave it to him. He's like the Jameis winston for LB'rs as he's just way to streaky and inconsistent. Makes some wow plays but is bad at the little things that would take the mantle from Lavonte. The fact we'd still prefer an aging Lavonte over White if we had to choose to give a new deal too is bad for White. Lavonte is in what year 12 and still balling and elite over him is insane. 

I feel like Antonio Johnson fits what Bowles does on defense. Don't dislike Brown though.