Armsteeld Final Steelers '2023 Mock Draft

armsteeld

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

This is very rich for me despite loving him.  Not taking him at 17.  If you can get back to mid-20’s and take him and back that up with a bigger guy later I’d be for that.

when I do mocks I trade down a few times, usually 4 spots and get a 3rd as well each time. Is that actually possible?  2 more RD3 picks is great and then landing Forbes in late 20's  isn't as 'rich' yet  we now have 2 RD3 picks extra or maybe even an added 5th depending on how the trades go, Now if we go to pick 12 before the draft and the players of interest are gone by then, imagine trading down yet 2 more times starting off with that high pick, it gets loaded in RD3 to RD5. With all these picks be sure to take advantage of this draft class where it's deep which coincides with our needs - CB.  

I know we’re 100% lockstep here.  Tired of seeing Canada as the reason to not do it.

even if they don't get TE early, the assistant hire  hopefully has canada o the hotseat

I’m perfectly fine taking a guy with flaws - you just need to know from your end that the flaws you are taking the risk on is a set of flaws you know you’ve helped guys through.

such a pick might not yield the improvement right away, but over a period of time, but will that be 6 games, a year or 2 years? I see your point, and as much as I want the OL to be much better,  and considering our various needs (CB for sure) , it's  something I am not sure about mainly because Moore improved and kept doing so. As you mentioned, his ceiling is near and thats it, but if he reaches it and the  run game is good an QB is getting time to throw and not on IR or hurt, maybe thats enough and focus elsewhere .

There are other areas of need that will need replacement (CB) . If we have  the LT but no CB's or typical colbert era CB's , then it means nothing.  WR as well, might be a pick early because if they trade dionte and the others can't stay on the field, thats something to consider.  We could have elite type LT but QB might be throwing to WR's down the depth chart.

It would be nice to have the future LT for the next decade as many say.  How often has that happened in recent years  for teams? Some of hem want top $ and get traded or sign elsewhere.  

Maybe a player comparable to AV, Marvel or Starks will be enough as long as they are consistent . I remember ben having all the time a QB would ever need (Munchak era) , sometimes it was way more than other QB's that the commentators often would praise the OL. Munchak deserves credit of course,  but no Elite LT yet still got the results. 

If we traded up to 12 when on the clock, they might ask for too much. I f we trade before the draft, the player(s) of interest could be gone. If that happens  and we traded down a few time from 12, what would you expect the haul  of picks to be? Then who would you like to draft with those and the effect they have on the team moving forward.