Does Dan Reeves belong in the Hall of Fame?

Seems like a guy who would get inducted at some point, for sure.

Levy took over a 4-win Bills team and in his second season had them win the division and make the playoffs for the first time in 7 or 8 years.  They went on to make the playoffs every season 6 years in a row and 8 of his 10 seasons as the Head Coach, including 4 AFC Championships.  

Similarly Grant took over a 3 win Vikings franchise and had them in the playoffs the 2nd season he coached and made it 12 out of the 15 seasons he coached the Vikings, including 4 NFC Championships.  

Dan Reeves took over an 8-8 Bronco's franchise and took them to 10-6 his first season then 2-7 and a losing season before getting them to 9-7 his 3rd season where they were eliminated in the first round.  It wasn't until his 4th season that they won the division with a 13-3 season before missing the playoffs the next year.  In his 5th season he finally got them to the Super Bowl and they would stay there for 3 out of the 4 seasons with 3 division wins and 3 AFC Championships.    He then went to NY and took over a 6-win Giants franchise and got them to the playoffs with an 11 win season before going 9-7, 5-11 and 6-10 and moving on to Atlanta where he took a 3-win Falcons franchise and got them to 14-2 and the Super Bowl in just his second season, but then went 5-11, 4-12, 7-9, 9-6 and 5-11 with only one more playoff appearance as a wild card team to show.

I think the first two got in because they both proved they could turn around a franchise and then maintain a franchise at a winning level at the highest degree for a long time. I would say that Reeves did the same in Denver but the latter two may not have helped his legacy as much as some think.  He was 123-80 in Denver as the HC including playoffs and had losing records in both Atlanta and New York (52-61 and 32-34 respectively).  Levy was 131-78 in Buffalo (he did spend 5 years in Kansas City that most people forget about where he went 31-42) and Grant was 168-108 in Minnesota over 18 years, so focusing on their "main team" all three had similar win/loss records (Reeves at 61%, Levy at 63% and Grant at 61%).  It really (to me at least) comes down the the wins, playoff success, the story behind the teams they built, and the legacy they left.  He hits all of those boxes IMO

Edited by MaddHatter
Wrote ATL instead of DEN

1 hour ago, MaddHatter said:

Seems like a guy who would get inducted at some point, for sure.

Levy took over a 4-win Bills team and in his second season had them win the division and make the playoffs for the first time in 7 or 8 years.  They went on to make the playoffs every season 6 years in a row and 8 of his 10 seasons as the Head Coach, including 4 AFC Championships.  

Similarly Grant took over a 3 win Vikings franchise and had them in the playoffs the 2nd season he coached and made it 12 out of the 15 seasons he coached the Vikings, including 4 NFC Championships.  

Dan Reeves took over an 8-8 Bronco's franchise and took them to 10-6 his first season then 2-7 and a losing season before getting them to 9-7 his 3rd season where they were eliminated in the first round.  It wasn't until his 4th season that they won the division with a 13-3 season before missing the playoffs the next year.  In his 5th season he finally got them to the Super Bowl and they would stay there for 3 out of the 4 seasons with 3 division wins and 3 AFC Championships.    He then went to NY and took over a 6-win Giants franchise and got them to the playoffs with an 11 win season before going 9-7, 5-11 and 6-10 and moving on to Atlanta where he took a 3-win Falcons franchise and got them to 14-2 and the Super Bowl in just his second season, but then went 5-11, 4-12, 7-9, 9-6 and 5-11 with only one more playoff appearance as a wild card team to show.

I think the first two got in because they both proved they could turn around a franchise and then maintain a franchise at a winning level at the highest degree for a long time. I would say that Reeves did the same in Atlanta but the latter two may not have helped his legacy as much as some think.  He was 123-80 in Denver as the HC including playoffs and had losing records in both Atlanta and New York (52-61 and 32-34 respectively).  Levy was 131-78 in Buffalo (he did spend 5 years in Kansas City that most people forget about where he went 31-42) and Grant was 168-108 in Minnesota over 18 years, so focusing on their "main team" all three had similar win/loss records (Reeves at 61%, Levy at 63% and Grant at 61%).  It really (to me at least) comes down the the wins, playoff success, the story behind the teams they built, and the legacy they left.  He hits all of those boxes IMO

I agree with all of this. I agree and say he should be in.

• Like 1