Draft Day Mock 2024

Madmike90

Pick 1.1 (via Panthers)…  

ap24102479865029_custom-d497e871f15c4779

QB…Caleb Williams…6-1” 215lbs…USC…

Caleb is nailed on to be the #1 pick in this year’s draft and I think that would have been true for any team picking…on the field he has elite level arm talent and the confidence and intelligence to become a true franchise QB for an organisation that has never had one…he can become a star for not only this team but the league as a whole.

Pick 1.9… 

usa_today_22250548.0.jpg

WR…Rome Odunze…6-3” 213lbs…Washington…

I get it…there are only so many passes to go around and we already have DJ & Allen…but this franchise needs to get with the times and surround a young franchise QB with as much talent as they possibly can…look at Houston for example…Odunze has the perfect skill set to compliment DJ & Allen and give us possibly the best group of WRs in the NFL.

Bears trade 2025 2nd round pick + pick #122 (via PHI) to Eagles for pick #50 + #161 + #171

We have build a good amount of capital in next years draft already and might get another mid round pick if Cunningham becomes a GM…I think Poles plays the odds and gives up our 2nd in next years draft in order to add some more young talent this year.

Pick 2.50 (via Eagles)…

RukeOrhorhoro4.DP_-e1597855398313.jpg

UT…Ruke Orhorhoro…6-4” 295lbs…Clemson…

We did very little in the offseason when it came to DT and there has been some smoke around Byron Murphy II…I would prefer to add on offence early then add someone who can rotate with Gervon Dexter at UT…Orhorhoro would be a perfect fit for that rule bringing explosiveness and physicality to the position…much like Gervon he needs to work on his pass rushing moves and play but that is why we hired Eric Washington to work with these young talented athletes.

Bears trade pick 3.75 to Cardinals for #90 + #104

The Cardinals at some point will need to stop trading down and look to add talent…they have plenty of capital to move around the draft.

Pick 3.90 (via Cardinals)…

12134432.jpg

DE...Bralen Trice...6-4" 260lbs...Washington...

I would love to add a DE before this but I just don’t think it is a great year for edge players and I feel Poles/Flus value interior players more…Demarcus Walker played better last year when Sweat came in so I think he could continue to starter with a mid rounder brought in to rotate…the scouting report on Trice is pretty simple…far better football player than an athlete…he didn’t test as well as you would want him to but he understands how to rush the QB and play the run…he will never be an elite player but will be a solid edge for years to come…much like Walker…big time EDGE becomes a 2025 need.

Pick 4.104 (via Cardinals)… 

McCormickTeaser201910.jpg

OG…Mason McCormick…6-4” 310lbs…South Dakota State…

I see Bates starting at centre with Shelton as the backup there and if someone goes down Bates moves to guard and Shelton steps up…that said interior depth is still an issue IMO and I am still not convinced Teven Jenkins gets a 2nd contract especially given what we saw this offseason with some guards making $20 million…if we could find a younger, cheaper & healthier option moving forward I suspect we will…McCormick is an athletic, physical and tough player who needs development with his technique but if he can become more consistent he could be a starter in this league.

Pick 5.161 (via Eagles)…

USATSI_22236725-1600x900.jpg

TE…AJ Barner…6-6” 250lbs…Michigan…

I think we all know how important the TE spot is for Shane Waldron’s offence and while Kmet & Everett are a really nice compliment I expect us to continue to add there and not just Marcades Lewis who I suspect will also be back…Barner is another TE who isn’t the greatest athlete in the world but he has good hands and is savvy in his movements to get himself open…he also played in line a lot at Michigan and understands how to block on the edge…reminds me a lot of a Jake Ferguson type in Dallas.

Pick 5.171 (via Eagles)…

USATSI_22089013-1600x900.jpg

S…Jaylin Simpson…6-0” 185lbs…Auburn…

I don’t think we are finished at the safety spot in terms of depth…I also think as much as I expect Byard to play better this year than when he was in Philly we have to protect against his legs being gone…Simpson is a true FS with range, athleticism and ball skills…he could use a year to bulk up a little and gain strength and hopefully that would be no issue with Byard here and we could look at Simpson becoming a starter in two or three years.

Depth Chart…  

QB…Caleb Williams…Vet…Tyson Bagent

RB…DeAndre Swift…Khalil Herbert…Roschon Johnson

FB…Khari Blasingame

WR…D.J Moore…Vet/UDFA

WR…Rome Odunze…Velus Jones

WR…Keenan Allen…Tyler Scott

TE… Cole Kmet…Gerald Everett…AJ Barner…Marcades Lewis

LT…Braxton Jones…Vet

LG…Tevin Jenkins…Mason McCormick                    

C…Ryan Bates…Coleman Shelton

RG…Nate Davis