College Football 25 Dynasty - Kent State Golden Flashes

Year 2 - Week 5

n3gCACU.png

This game was super fun.  A back and forth shootout, neither team could stop the other. It pretty much came down to the last drive of the game. I had 636 total yards on offense which is just nuts. They didn't have quite as much yardage but I gifted them a pick 6 which kept it close. QB Ulatowski had a good game though, 381 passing yards with 5 TDs and only 1 INT. 146 Yards of those went to #3 WR Jahzae Kimbrough who had a breakout game. He added 2 TDs as well. They struggled to cover WRs in the slot. Freshman TE Muamba also added 4 receptions for 124 yards and a TD. WR McCray made it a trifecta with 111 yards and 2 TDs, and one of his catches was an 81 yard TD reception. HB Garcia also had a great game with 163 rushing yards and a TD. 

Defensively I had 2 sacks, 1 from Freshman MLB Hess again and DEs Bilotte and Daley split the other. That half sack I think is Daley's first of the year after killing it last year. My terrible secondary has really hurt him. Daley did add 3 TFLs and a FF though. No INTs for my pitiful secondary. 

Recruiting News

byFvcAa.png

I finally signed my first two recruits. I had another RT kick me from consideration. I have a couple of more visits coming next week too. 

ZSQgmGN.png

Weir is my first commit of the season. He's a 6'8" 325 Power LT and 4 star recruit. The only issue is he's a bust, so he will probably be raw to start. Because of that he may need to redshirt next year but Tackle was a huge need for my roster so he's a good get for me. He already has 93 STR, 80 RB, 82 RBP and 88 IB. 

Dm0cqDG.png

Two tackles signed right off the bat. McQueen is a 6'4" 316 lb Power RT and 3 star recruit. He's not a bust or a gem so he will probably be in the mid to high 60s overall based on what I saw last year. It'll be interesting to see if McQueen or Weir are higher OVR to start, the 4 Star bust or the normal 3 star. I really want to continue to build up the Oline and McQueen will help with that. 

Year 2 - Week 6

8lWWLVr.png

Ooofff. This game got out of hand fast. I gotta be honest this is the first game I've played where I've tapped out and just simmed the rest of the game out. I was down 42-14 at half and came out with the first drive of the second half and threw a pick 6 and was just like, ya I'm done with this. This was the first game where the talent level was just completely obvious to me. I couldn't compete with them at all. Yes Michigan was tough but they don't really try to throw the ball. USC was throwing bombs on me nonstop and dropped like 50 points on me like it was nothing. My secondary couldn't do anything to them. 

QB Ulatowski wasn't terrible, he threw 400 yards for 3 TDs and only 1 pick. I was sacked 7 times though. I had no time to throw the ball at all. HB Garcia couldn't do anything either. 7 carries for 28 yards. The defense was terrible all around. 

Recruiting News

jaOeYBB.png

2 more recruits signed. I had like 4 guys lock me out this week though. I don't have any more visits scheduled until Week 10 as I have several BYE weeks coming up. 

qtlfzyQ.png

Gallon is going to fill a big need I'm just not sure where yet. He's a 6'4" 257 lb Power Rusher who can play either OLB or DE. Both are needs for me, but honestly DE might be a better fit for him. He has 83 SPD, 88 ACC, 82 STR with 81 PM. He might be a day 1 starter depending how offseason training goes. 

w6VCulr.png

I need so many new freaking linebackers it isn't funny. Hill should be a big help. I expect I'll move him to OLB unless I decide to run a permanent 3-4 (with Hill and Hess at MLB and Gallon at OLB). He has 87 SPD, 90 ACC and 89 AG. He will be my second most athletic linebacker behind Hess. 

Year 2 - Week 8 

uQ5Zd6X.png

Tough loss, this was a winnable game. Rutgers played really tough defense I had a hard time moving the ball. Only 311 total yards offensively, my defense allowed some points early but stiffened up in the 4th. I just left too many points on the field in this one. QB Ulatowski only had 134 yards passing, 2 TDs but no INTs. No one could get open. Even WR McCray only had 33 yards and 1 TD. HB Garcia ran for 143 yards on the ground but never got in the end zone. Pretty tough day offensively. The oline did an ok job blocking in the run game but struggled again in pass protection. 

Only 1 sack again, MLB Hess and DE Daley split it. The defense had no turnovers. My 3 top tacklers in the game were two CBs and a Safety, meaning the dline and linebackers didn't have a great game. Rutgers did a good job using a lot of misdirection at the line of scrimmage. My lack of splash plays on defense has really hurt me this year. 

Recruiting News

XV4gFvE.png

Two more recruits signed with several more showing interest. I have some visits coming up in Week 10. 

YK8Qbv2.png

Another Tackle, Owen is a legitimate 4 star talent (meaning not a Bust) but a bit undersized at 6'4" 288. He's a Pass Protector archetype, and if he's a high enough OVR may start Day 1 at LT. It's pretty interesting that he committed at all. I had him on my board early and I was #1 on his list, but randomly like Week 5 he started saying I had F Play Style which was a dealbreaker for him and he basically refused to allow me to talk to him at all again. I continued with him on my board regardless for several weeks to see if he would eventually talk to me again, but then randomly he just committed to me? Very strange. He adds another body to the Oline rebuild. 

dCC2owL.png

Safety isn't technically an immediate need but my secondary is crap so when I saw no one was really going after this guy I put some resources on him. He looks pretty good, 91 SPD, 91 ACC, 74 ZC. He's a Hybrid archetype with 75 MC so I will consider moving him to CB where I desperately need help. Or I may leave him at FS. Not sure yet. But he's talented and should help a secondary that really lacks talent. 

Year 2 - Week 10

Hx99kYq.png

Biggest win of the program yet!!! Wisconsin was ranked 9th in the country and were a top matchup. I was winning this game then gave my obligatory pick 6 to the defense at the start of the 4th Quarter to allow Wisconsin to take the lead. I was able to fight back and drive down to score a TD. I figured screw it I'm not going to kick the XP to tie it and went for 2 for the win and it was good! Huge win!

QB Ulatowski threw for 386 yards, 4 TDs and 2 INTs. WR Jahzae Kimbrough caught 9 receptions for 151 yards and 2 TDs. He's been killing it from the slot. WR McCray had 84 yards and 1 TD. HB Garcia had a respectable 88 yards on 19 attempts (4.6 ypc) against a tough defense. 

On defense, no sacks, no turnovers. The defense does not produce any splash plays. But honestly I was able to hold them to 330 total offensive yards so the defense did a solid job holding their assignments and making the tackle. I did have an incredible amount of TFLs as a team, 14 total. I was run blitzing them like crazy because they wanted to run a lot. DE Daley had 5 TFL, and MLB Hess had 3. 

Recruiting News

cbaF9Ki.png

I added another 4 star recruit. Unfortunately I had another 4 Star WR that I was leading on commit to another program this week. 

9Sp1MgF.png

Hape is the most talented WR I have recruited yet in either season. He's only 5'11" but has 95 SPD and 93 ACC with Deep Threat archetype. He has the potential to be my replacement #1 WR when McCray leaves. He's also a top 100 recruit and the highest rated player I've landed yet. 

• Like 1

Year 2 - Week 11

qlAhETH.png

Another good win against a pretty strong team. My defense played well and actually had them shut out until the 4th Quarter when they went no huddle and started moving the ball on me. DE Daley had his breakout game of the season with 4 sacks. Idk if their RT was injured or what but Daley really owned him. Freshman MLB Hess had another INT too. 

QB Ulatowski was solid, 290 yards 1 TD and no INTs. WR McCray had 100 yards and a TD. HB Garcia really struggled, only 30 yards on 15 attempts. 

sf6HA4Y.png

Recruiting News

EQwAlLu.png

Not a lot new to report. I have some more visits next week. 

Posted (edited)

Year 2 - Week 12

MrT6Kv5.png

Another close but good win. This one was big because I had a lot of recruits visiting. MSU's offense was able to move the ball pretty consistently on me, my defense didn't play too well. I was able to win the game on a final TD drive with 2 min to go then basically held on while the clock ran out on defense. QB Ulatowski was ok, 375 yards for 3 TDs but 2 INTs. The two INTs really hurt. He did run for 57 yards too which is a little out of character for him. I couldn't run the ball at all, Garcia had only 13 rushing yards. Slot WR Kimbrough had 6 receptions for 128 yards and 2 TDs. 

On defense, DE Daley grabbed another sack but no one else really got any pressure. The defense continues to had a bend but not break mentality but no splash plays, and they really struggle when teams go no huddle. 

Recruiting News

KmHS3sx.png

4 new recruits signed this week. I did have a 4 star Center sign with another team though. 

5bzSoYG.png

Lincoln is a huge get for me. He's a 4 Star GEM WR recruit with 6'3" 214 lb size. 92 SPD, 88 ACC, not quite a burner but good enough, he will pair with Hape to be the future of my WR core. 

wTo5Xjm.png

I desperately needed a new starting RB for next season and Miree has a great shot to be that guy. He's 6'1" 181 lbs, kind of skinny and he's a Receiving Back archetype which is not my preference. But he has 90 SPD, 91 ACC, 89 AG with a 79 CRY rating. That's pretty good and if he can provide another element in the receiving game he should help out the offense a lot. 

LOAlq5S.png

Payne is an ATH and it says his archetype is an Elusive RB. He's 6'1" 191 lbs with 92 SPD, 89 ACC and 86 AG. He's a 3 Star GEM so he has a good shot at a development trait. He could compete with Miree for the starting RB role or maybe push for a spot at CB if he has decent coverage skills. I won't know until Position Changes but adding any GEM is a good addition to the roster. 

7NasLDm.png

Williams is another GEM 3 star recruit. He's 6'2" 196 lbs with pretty raw MC (67) and ZC (62) skills. He's also really slow for a CB, 84 SPD, 83 ACC. I'm not sure he makes sense to stay at CB, maybe a conversion to Safety would benefit him, he does have 70 TKL rating and 75 PUR. I grabbed him because he's a GEM but not sure where he will end up yet. 

Edited by MKnight82

Year 2 - Week 13

32jV0IN.png

Toledo's offense was tough to stop. Usually I struggle against passing teams but their RB ran all over me for 143 yards and 2 TDs. It was pretty tight until I was able to hit WR Transfer Chris Parker for a deep bomb late in the game for a TD. He had 4 receptions in the game for 158 yards and 2 TDs. QB Ulatowski threw for only 239 yards, 3 TDs and 1 INT. They did a good job in coverage on me for most of the game. HB Garcia contributed 13 carries for 79 yards. 

The defense landed 3 sacks in the game with each starting dlineman landing one each, RE Billotte, NT Shields and LE Daley. LE Daley also caused a forced fumble. Freshman MLB Hess led the team with 9 tackles. 

Recruiting News

KJYoJ24.png

Nothing new except a couple of new guys added to the board locked me out. 

Year 2 - Week 14

kRBQFz3.png

This was another shootout, I couldn't really stop Maryland but I absolutely shredded their defense too. QB Ulatowski went off for 487 yards, 5 TDs and no INTs. Probably his best game of the year. WR McCray destroyed them for 241 receiving yards and 3 TDs. Freshman TE Muamba added 70 yards as well. HB Garcia had 84 yards on 18 carries and 1 TD. He also fumbled once though (so did Ulatowski, these fumbles kept the game closer than it should have been).

Defense was kind of the usual, no sacks and only one INT by Senior FS Malcolm Polk. The defense needs new talent so bad. Freshman MLB Hess led the team in tackles again with 9. 

Recruiting News

Yskl5ht.png

Added 2 more to the committed list. I lost out on another interior lineman I was going after but I still have some talented guys I can try to grab in the offseson recruiting still on my board. 

M02ELvM.png

TE wasn't a pressing need but you can never have too many of them and adding a 4 Star is always a good thing. Davis is 6'3" 235 lbs and is a blocking archetype. I don't know what his athleticism will be but he has 74 RB and 72 IB as an incoming Freshman which is pretty high for a TE. He will be a good #2 TE behind Muamba. I already signed 2 depth TEs last year but Abram is probably a bottom of the depth chart kind of guy and Ismail was an ATH I wanted to move to defense but had a hiccup at Position Changes last year. Davis will let me move Ismail to either linebacker or DE to help with depth there. 

9XAK0sF.png

Theus is the #1 Kicker recruit in the country but no one was recruiting him for some reason. He has 92 kick power and 76 accuracy. Oh and he's a GEM. Thanks for being stupid CPU. 

PLAYOFF / BOWL INVITES - YEAR 2

SQvpDQY.png

Pretty interesting that 11-2 Oregon is the top seed over 12-1 TCU. USC was undefeated before Conference Championships. the defending champs Michigan didn't make the playoffs. 

EEbokb9.png 

I can see this game going very poorly for me. 

Posted (edited)

HEISMAN WINNER - YEAR 2

pGxZeTY.png

Heisman Voting - Year 2
Team Position Name Year
Illinois WR Malik Elzy Junior
Clemson QB Cade Klubnik Senior
Arkansas QB Taylen Green Senior (RS)
TCU WR Braylon James Sophomore (RS)
USC DT Bear Alexander Senior

Pretty cool to see a defensive player getting Heisman votes. I checked out his stats, he had an insane 20 sacks from the DT position. I know he gave me fits in the game I played against them. Yep I just checked and he had 4 sacks in the game against me. 

Edited by MKnight82