Training Camp Notes/Discussion/Observations Thread

Not too surprising but Calvin Anderson’s gone. 

Have to imagine they add someone, especially if Lowe is still dinged up. Can’t go in with Chuks, Lowe, and Okorafor as the only tackles.

I’m just gonna keep saying it until it happens: Charles Leno

Shaun Wade’s gone. Kinda surprised he stuck around for as long as he did, was well worth the flyer at the time. You knew it was going to be either him, Bolden, and/or Austin.

Still haven’t seen any of the legit bubble WRs go yet.

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Jeez, I have a horrible feeling about this season. 

I had these feelings leading up to Mayo hire. MOF back when I 1st heard of the foolish agreement. The reason,  hated that from the get go and what has followed since.  I'm not talking wins and losses. I'm not talking Mayo the person. He was not the guy for the job and the other move in the front office.

Big blame to Fredo Kraft.  A owner that sat in the stands and watch BB/TB build his empire and now thinks he was a major part of success. He thinks he Jerry Jones!!! That frigging hit job on BB really tee me off. He had to go but treat him with the utmost respect not the clown show that followed. Did I see this with Chuck Fairbanks !!!!

So far all their moves have been a disaster, other than drafting Maye and I still have problems with that move. Why it depend what they do to fix the other areas of need to help the kid or he's toast or gone after the 1st contact. Who on earth would stay !!!!! 

The one thing in their favor is time, we will know more this season and the next off season. 

What I have seen so far ...... !

20 hours ago, m haynes said:

I had these feelings leading up to Mayo hire. MOF back when I 1st heard of the foolish agreement. The reason,  hated that from the get go and what has followed since.  I'm not talking wins and losses. I'm not talking Mayo the person. He was not the guy for the job and the other move in the front office.

Big blame to Fredo Kraft.  A owner that sat in the stands and watch BB/TB build his empire and now thinks he was a major part of success. He thinks he Jerry Jones!!! That frigging hit job on BB really tee me off. He had to go but treat him with the utmost respect not the clown show that followed. Did I see this with Chuck Fairbanks !!!!

So far all their moves have been a disaster, other than drafting Maye and I still have problems with that move. Why it depend what they do to fix the other areas of need to help the kid or he's toast or gone after the 1st contact. Who on earth would stay !!!!! 

The one thing in their favor is time, we will know more this season and the next off season. 

What I have seen so far ...... !

I don’t understand the Mayo hire. I think maybe they looked at Demeco Ryans and thought yeaaaah. But at the same time, I would have said the same thing about Ryans had I been a Texans fan (I do think he got lucky though. No one knew Stroud and the receivers would click like that)

not saying Vrabel is great, but he at least has head coaching experience and he’s coached playoff winning teams. Kraft says they want to win a playoff game again, and then they hire a BB disciple who’s never coached a game in his life and was on podcasts only 3 years ago 

30 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

(I do think he got lucky though. No one knew Stroud and the receivers would click like that)

They also had many parts in place, such as LT and OL. They had Nick GM making the right moves.  The trade for Anderson was awesome . They had a need, they wanted the player, they made it happen. I'm not here to judge the player good or bad its the bold move to do it, that was impressive. 

They walk out of that draft with Stroud and Anderson !!!!!

Just maybe the Pats could of walked out with a QB and a LT in the 2024 draft. Who knows, just a thought.

I know one thing they could of had in 2023 (easy) Tank Dell pick 69 or Jalin Hyatt 73 but the chose frigging Mapu at 76.  We had 11 picks and team were trading for peanuts in that draft. Who takes a safety/LB when your team is loaded with them from Bunkerhill Comm college.  SR bowl hero ( where have we heard that before) that many thought would take Dugger (SRB hero?) spot so they wouldn't have to give him a ridicules 14 million dollar contract.

PS I loved Spencer Rattler in the the last draft and to be fair i was not a fan of Penex and Bo Nix.

Looks like I missed with Nix

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Apparently we’ve picked up a Denver OL off cast that some of their fans believe should have made roster. 

I haven't bother to look.   Well if their fans thought that, he will be a major up grade for the current OTs.  All we need is a player with a heartbeat !!!