2024 Eagles regular season

4 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Legit question as I don't watch college football.

What is Lincoln Riley's offense like? Is it static or lots of motion, free releases? or what?

Probably a dumb and reductive question but, can't we or have we implemented what Jalen Hurts did well in college here?  I imagine there's at least some that can work in the NFL. 

Throw it deep to his #1 receiver lol

We got that down

Edited by Shalodeep
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

So every coordinator looks EXACTLY the same with Jalen is because of them and not how Jalen is running their scheme...got it. Has nothing to do with his extreme limited knowledge and understanding of route concepts and dependency of two players and three routes he knows. All nicks fault, not jalens for JALENS growth. Curious. How many coordinators did Brady or manning have? Cousins seems to do just fine picking up and going and running different schemes for different teams? It's almost like the good qbs develop without 100 excuses.... jalen can't run kellens scheme correctly so he latches on to nicks concepts within kellens scheme. Remember the 95% comment? That's what it was about. He can't comprehend the offense. He NEEDS simple because he IS simple 

Yeah I wonder what other constant there’s been for 3 years?

Did you even do research on manning and Brady? 

manning had 1 OC for his entire colts career minus what was essentially his last season there

Brady had essentially 4 OCs in 18 seasons and only one of them was present for less than 4 seasons which was Mangini between Weiss and Mcdaniels 

jalen has had 4 OCs in 5 seasons lol

again have some objectivity

you say he’s simple. Ok. Then where’s the rest of a simplified offense that coaches have run for decades?

screens, shovels, bootlegs, jet sweeps, bubbles

give me a break. If you genuinely think Nick is doing what needs to be done to improve the offense and get more out of Jalen then you’re just engaging in cognitive dissonance 

Edited by Last Stand

1 hour ago, Shalodeep said:

Nick also helped create three different offenses with Reich prior to this in indy for three different QBs and made the playoffs twice during that stretch and the offense didn't look like this. It's not purely a nick problem

I hate I'm defending nick ...

You’re misguidedly defending nick

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

Legit question as I don't watch college football.

What is Lincoln Riley's offense like? Is it static or lots of motion, free releases? or what?

Probably a dumb and reductive question but, can't we or have we implemented what Jalen Hurts did well in college here?  I imagine there's at least some that can work in the NFL. 

Lincoln Reilly actually runs the ball

im also pretty sure that was the thought with hiring Kliff Kingsbury since he was Lincoln’s OC in 2023

jalen doesn’t need to be saved by college, he needs to be saved by what OCs have done with struggling QBs for decades

Run the ball, screen game, shovels, creativity in run concepts, bootlegs mixed in with boundary stuff that Jalen’s clearly most comfortable with

18 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I honestly have no problem with any HC chirping back at fans like you or at the Linc yesterday that feel the need to constantly berate not only the Staff but players on a weekly game by game, drive by drive basis.

You want to talk **** 💩 as a Home Team Fan, deal with the responses when it's given back, in kind by the person's you are talking **** too!

Don't be a Mitch and a hypocrite. Completely amazed and astonished at the audacity of an actual response by a Coach/Player in that instance??  Man TF up and deal. 

If this was a bar, the streets, a club and these very same words were spoken for hrs Man to Man. Their 100% would be a confrontation. Somebody is getting an *** whoopin.

This idea players and coaches of any sport should STFU and turn the other cheek has always, for decades been a joke to me? The fact this occurs from your own fans base, at home makes it infinitely worse. 

Goose/Gander.....sorry. Different generation I guess.

Well just like in any scenario, if you talk **** and you're in the wrong, like Nick is...then you're gonna look like the clown he is. If Nick wants to get his *** kicked and get curb stomped then thats on him.

2 hours ago, Last Stand said:

Yeah I wonder what other constant there’s been for 3 years?

Did you even do research on manning and Brady? 

manning had 1 OC for his entire colts career minus what was essentially his last season there

Brady had essentially 4 OCs in 18 seasons and only one of them was present for less than 4 seasons which was Mangini between Weiss and Mcdaniels 

jalen has had 4 OCs in 5 seasons lol

again have some objectivity

you say he’s simple. Ok. Then where’s the rest of a simplified offense that coaches have run for decades?

screens, shovels, bootlegs, jet sweeps, bubbles

give me a break. If you genuinely think Nick is doing what needs to be done to improve the offense and get more out of Jalen then you’re just engaging in cognitive dissonance 

So ALL of Jalens OCs run the same exacts plays or after working with him realize that's what he can run?  You don't realize you are making my argument, not going against it. These OCs aren't coming in to make the same mistakes as the last guy. It's the same qb who can't do the same thing as before. He isn't developing. He doesn't like certain plays and checks out of them. He isn't as fast as he was before and now he is far less effective. That's the reality. 

Manning and Brady were their own OC was kinda the point....but see ya missed it. Keep blaming others for h1m not being worth a damn without h11m. Reality, he isnt that good. He's outside the top 10 on qb rankings and will keep falling as the young guys get better. Jayden came in and does everything Jalen does but on an elite level in 6 game under one of Jalen's old OCs teaching....figure that one out....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Last Stand said:

You’re misguidedly defending nick

You're doing everything to defend a qb who had ONE outlier year and has been meh every other year.

21,23,24 - average over 3.15 seconds until release

22 - 2.86

20 - 4.6%, 21 - 3.9%, 24 - 6.7% (4 games in) turnover worthy plays

22-1.8%, 23- 2.3%

Td/int ratio in 22 - 1st

2023 wk 13/now- 26th

Yards per att 22 - 3rd

2023 wk13/now - 20th

Second most turnovers since the beginning of 2023 (will levis #1) 

12 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

So ALL of Jalens OCs run the same exacts plays or after working with him realize that's what he can run?  You don't realize you are making my argument, not going against it. These OCs aren't coming in to make the same mistakes as the last guy. It's the same qb who can't do the same thing as before. He isn't developing. He doesn't like certain plays and checks out of them. He isn't as fast as he was before and now he is far less effective. That's the reality. 

Manning and Brady were their own OC was kinda the point....but see ya missed it. Keep blaming others for h1m not being worth a damn without h11m. Reality, he isnt that good. He's outside the top 10 on qb rankings and will keep falling as the young guys get better. Jayden came in and does everything Jalen does but on an elite level in 6 game under one of Jalen's old OCs teaching....figure that one out....

Who was the HC those years? Any consistency there?

Feel like there is plenty of fair things to criticize Jalen for without going down these rabbit holes. I also think you just assuming that Jalen is going to the line and playing backyard football constantly checking to whatever play he likes is not remotely realistic. Audibles in the NFL are often built into the play that is called by the coordinator. They will have 2-3 possible plays built in to beat different types of defenses. Sure they likely have hot routes that Jalen can swap to, but that isn't changing the entire play.

If the coaching staff is just appeasing Jalen and not forcing him to run a more sophisticated offense because he doesn't want to... that is a bigger slight on the coaching staff than Jalen. But I also think this take gives Sirianni way too much credit. The guy is clearly just not good at his job and the signs of that are on both sides of the ball and have been consistent for multiple years. If the Eagles weren't a sloppy, weak willed, mistake filled team on both sides of the ball your argument might hold more weight with me. But well... they are clearly a poorly coached team.

26 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

It’s nicks offense, it’s always been nicks offense

this has been said by every beat reporter, Nick himself since he’s been here.

this isn’t like secret information, Steichen, Johnson and Kellen run nicks offense.

this entire post is just cognitive dissonance 

especially when I’m not even trying to defend Jalen that’s the hilarious part. I don’t think Jalen’s very good

I’ve said that ad nauseam 

You just for some weird reason can’t get it through your obtuse brain that Nick is also not doing enough to remedy the issue

welcome to reality lol multiple things can be true

16 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

You're doing everything to defend a qb who had ONE outlier year and has been meh every other year.

21,23,24 - average over 3.15 seconds until release

22 - 2.86

20 - 4.6%, 21 - 3.9%, 24 - 6.7% (4 games in) turnover worthy plays

22-1.8%, 23- 2.3%

Td/int ratio in 22 - 1st

2023 wk 13/now- 26th

Yards per att 22 - 3rd

2023 wk13/now - 20th

Second most turnovers since the beginning of 2023 (will levis #1) 

I’m not defending Jalen 

im criticizing Nick. I’ve pretty consistently ripped Jalen to shreds every Sunday.

i can just see past “my QB sucks wah wah” and move into the coach isn’t doing enough to mitigate the QBs suckage

Your QBs sucks

do you run screens? No

do you run the ball from under center? No

do you bootleg cutting off half the field getting a mobile QB on his feet? No

do you design plays that essentially take the responsibility of reading the defense past the line of scrimmage out of the QBs hand like a well designed shovel pass? No

a jet sweep? Nope

slants? Rarely

do you do any of the tried and true methods of mitigating a struggling QB? No

be less obtuse and actually catch what I’m saying. Your entire argument is based on some made up idea that I think Jalen is good enough.

when you have AJ brown, devonta smith, Dallas goedert, saquon Barkley I wonder if there’s anything a coach could do with those guys

i wonder if shanahan would you know

hand the ball off to AJ. Have AJ sneak underneath on a screen.

15 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Who was the HC those years? Any consistency there?

Feel like there is plenty of fair things to criticize Jalen for without going down these rabbit holes. I also think you just assuming that Jalen is going to the line and playing backyard football constantly checking to whatever play he likes is not remotely realistic. Audibles in the NFL are often built into the play that is called by the coordinator. They will have 2-3 possible plays built in to beat different types of defenses. Sure they likely have hot routes that Jalen can swap to, but that isn't changing the entire play.

If the coaching staff is just appeasing Jalen and not forcing him to run a more sophisticated offense because he doesn't want to... that is a bigger slight on the coaching staff than Jalen. But I also think this take gives Sirianni way too much credit. The guy is clearly just not good at his job and the signs of that are on both sides of the ball and have been consistent for multiple years. If the Eagles weren't a sloppy, weak willed, mistake filled team on both sides of the ball your argument might hold more weight with me. But well... they are clearly a poorly coached team.

I swear people act like nicks scheme isn’t being ridiculed regularly and that this team offensively, defensively, and special teams isn’t sloppy on every level

people can’t look deeper than jalen

Jalen can be an issue, in fact he’s a very large issue

But the head coach isn’t doing anything to solve Jalen or anything else. This is the same guy who oversaw a historic collapse

theres more that can be done to help jalen and more importantly the offense as a whole. It’s not even debatable 

I guess because actual eagles insiders like John McMullen stating over and over and over again that it's kellens offense just being run poorly has something to do with my opinion. It may have something to do with shane taking over mid 21 and through 22 and there being a visible difference throughout that entire time has something to do with my opinion. Him getting paid prior to the 23 season and an emphasis on him becoming more of a passer and less of a power runner became evident with the product on the field and the huge increase in turnovers. Him stating that the offense was 95% new after struggling in the spring sessions also makes me think jalens opinion has something to do with the dumbed down offense. I personally am fine with Nick gone because I think he's a clown, but in no way we're we running the offense that man was running when he first got here. 8 wr screens a game was brutal to watch. I just think Jalen is a coach/coordinator killer and nick is the last head to roll in this regime. The contract this B rated Dak clone got is going to cripple our offense full of explosive talent for awhile and it's frustrating. Nick was the OC for a 4600 39/15 season so I'm going to guess he knows how to coordinate a passing game just fine. Just not for a guy who only know the go, the drag, and the curl