2024 Eagles regular season

On 10/14/2024 at 7:44 PM, Nabbs4u said:

I honestly have no problem with any HC chirping back at fans like you or at the Linc yesterday that feel the need to constantly berate not only the Staff but players on a weekly game by game, drive by drive basis.

You want to talk **** đź’© as a Home Team Fan, deal with the responses when it's given back, in kind by the person's you are talking **** too!

Don't be a Mitch and a hypocrite. Completely amazed and astonished at the audacity of an actual response by a Coach/Player in that instance??  Man TF up and deal. 

If this was a bar, the streets, a club and these very same words were spoken for hrs Man to Man. Their 100% would be a confrontation. Somebody is getting an *** whoopin.

This idea players and coaches of any sport should STFU and turn the other cheek has always, for decades been a joke to me? The fact this occurs from your own fans base, at home makes it infinitely worse. 

Goose/Gander.....sorry. Different generation I guess.

So to be clear you think it's professional for the Head Coach of an NFL football team to act like a drunken idiot fan in a bar?

• Like 1

On 10/14/2024 at 10:36 PM, Last Stand said:

If you can’t see the difference in how those teams run offense vs how we run offense idk what to tell you. You’re too focused on being angry at Jalen that you can’t see the simpler truth

lots of QBs have deficiencies. QBs like stroud who are much better than Jalen have deficiencies 

A real coach builds a workable offense around that. Our fan base can’t be so dense as to think Jalen can’t run a screen, or a shovel pass. Or a bootleg. Or a jet sweep. Plays that get the ball out of the QBs hands. Plays that keep the defense honest.

Or how about our failed WR bubbles that every other team seems to run just fine. But we can’t? I wonder if thats because it’s being coached poorly. 

You cant reasonably be defending the Chicago coaching staff can you?  Chicago is winning in spite of their coaching staff.

6 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

So to be clear you think it's professional for the Head Coach of an NFL football team to act like a drunken idiot fan in a bar?

Was there audio? Honestly Curious I was in Costa Rica all week So haven't heard what was even said or reported? What was said?

I will repeat this one more time. I have always for decades been of the opinion Fans don't have the right just because they pay for a ticket to any sports venue to constantly berate/cuss/threaten any individual Player, Coach, staff, hell waterboy! Yet that's exactly what occurs every week at just about every venue in some capacity. 

We have NO IDEA what those specific fans Siriani was addressing said throughout the 3 hrs? Do you? Any of you going to sit here and say there's not a chance in hell any of **** talking got personal? Maybe even directed towards his Family? His wife, his kids? We are talking about Drunks!!!

Why is it expected that "Proffesionals" have to turn the other cheek, ignore the Stupidity of ignorant *** fans who believe, I can say WTF I want because they know you cant do damn thing about it?

It's like the Kevin Durant confrontation when he went after that fan who talk **** about his Momma when running onto the court? Specifically went after his family? He too supposed to just STFU and let it go?

Was there this same kind of contempt for Jalen Carters antics at the end of the Saints game and I just missed it? Or is it just a Sirianni/Coach thing? 

The Saddest part of what occured is that is was Eagles Fans at a Home game that somehow prompted this. 

Not an away game with opposing teams fans that get just as nasty if not worse, home fans. Makes me wonder what was even said, that's all.

You all assume no matter what was said, it's never warranted. I assume,  if certain things are said, it's always warranted. Job title or not.🤷‍♂️

Edited by Nabbs4u

On 10/14/2024 at 10:36 PM, Last Stand said:

If you can’t see the difference in how those teams run offense vs how we run offense idk what to tell you. You’re too focused on being angry at Jalen that you can’t see the simpler truth

lots of QBs have deficiencies. QBs like stroud who are much better than Jalen have deficiencies 

A real coach builds a workable offense around that. Our fan base can’t be so dense as to think Jalen can’t run a screen, or a shovel pass. Or a bootleg. Or a jet sweep. Plays that get the ball out of the QBs hands. Plays that keep the defense honest.

Or how about our failed WR bubbles that every other team seems to run just fine. But we can’t? I wonder if thats because it’s being coached poorly. 

I wanted to come back to this One. Jalen can run all these plays just fine, and i can see your point. I can understand why the OCs also don't run them very often. The way to defend them is extremely similar to how you defend Jalens running option. As long as the front 7 never have a reason to turn their back to the O, these plays are easy to sniff out and hunt down. So I would guess the overuse of jalens legs in 22 is the reason for these kind of calls. The league is waiting for them and forcing Jalen to do something else. Me personally....I'd trade for one more rb and go 17 style. Just run and abuse people until they prove they can do something about it and THEN jalens love for the go route would feel far more useful because the box would be loaded.

On 10/14/2024 at 7:44 PM, Nabbs4u said:

I honestly have no problem with any HC chirping back at fans like you or at the Linc yesterday that feel the need to constantly berate not only the Staff but players on a weekly game by game, drive by drive basis.

You want to talk **** đź’© as a Home Team Fan, deal with the responses when it's given back, in kind by the person's you are talking **** too!

Don't be a Mitch and a hypocrite. Completely amazed and astonished at the audacity of an actual response by a Coach/Player in that instance??  Man TF up and deal. 

If this was a bar, the streets, a club and these very same words were spoken for hrs Man to Man. Their 100% would be a confrontation. Somebody is getting an *** whoopin.

This idea players and coaches of any sport should STFU and turn the other cheek has always, for decades been a joke to me? The fact this occurs from your own fans base, at home makes it infinitely worse. 

Goose/Gander.....sorry. Different generation I guess.

Terrible take.  Buddy once said, you listen to the fans, you’ll end up sitting with the fans.  Thats who you’re ok with, leading your favorite football team?  Just admit you’re being a defensive homer.  Pretty sure if he was the HC of the Giants, Panthers or any other team you would be killing him.  

Maybe he should man the f up and deal.  As you would say.  

2 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

I wanted to come back to this One. Jalen can run all these plays just fine, and i can see your point. I can understand why the OCs also don't run them very often. The way to defend them is extremely similar to how you defend Jalens running option. As long as the front 7 never have a reason to turn their back to the O, these plays are easy to sniff out and hunt down. So I would guess the overuse of jalens legs in 22 is the reason for these kind of calls. The league is waiting for them and forcing Jalen to do something else. Me personally....I'd trade for one more rb and go 17 style. Just run and abuse people until they prove they can do something about it and THEN jalens love for the go route would feel far more useful because the box would be loaded.

That’s been my only point. Is there’s more that can be done and mixed in with the other stuff they do “well” 

you only need about 5ish plays a game of stuff in the middle of the field to keep a defense honest if the rest of your playbook is mixing it up.

theres so many variations from shotgun and under center of different ways to get the ball into the hands of guys. 

the problem with what they do now is there’s so little disguise, there’s so little set up, there’s so little variety. 

the sweet spot we’re in right now is limited QB with uncreative offensive head coach

I believe Lamar Jackson isn’t a big attacker of the middle either but he’s by far a bigger threat as a runner and their team uses creativity in the run game specifically to make better use of his throwing. 

what Jalen is good at could be a strength of this team, if they find a better way to hide what he’s bad at. 

With our offensive line there’s no way we shouldn’t be obliterating teams from the pistol

why do I never see goedert in the backfield? 

AJ brown in the backfield?

saquon and gainwell in the pistol with Jalen to run a triple option?  And then leak goedert out off of that to add a passing option to that. and then next time you run that play have goedert go the other way and shovel it to him

have devonta smith motion behind the offensive line and then wheel out for a deep ball. 

Play with AJs releases by getting him on the move. See how defenses are playing him. Is it man or zone. They did it once against the packers and it was a touchdown lol.

Want to confuse a defense, the answer is always simple. Creativity.

Creativity in the backfield, creativity with route combos, creativity with motion, creativity with formation. 

imagine a formation with goedert and AJ split wide on one side. That’s a lot of physicality. I wonder if there’s any plays that could be designed from that. And then motion AJ inward and have him move across the field on a mesh concept where you have devonta come the other way.

and these aren’t plays I’m creating, these are paraphrased versions of plays I see from other teams every Sunday 

2 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

With our offensive line there’s no way we shouldn’t be obliterating teams from the pistol

why do I never see goedert in the backfield? 

AJ brown in the backfield?

saquon and gainwell in the pistol with Jalen to run a triple option?  And then leak goedert out off of that to add a passing option to that. and then next time you run that play have goedert go the other way and shovel it to him

have devonta smith motion behind the offensive line and then wheel out for a deep ball. 

Play with AJs releases by getting him on the move. See how defenses are playing him. Is it man or zone. They did it once against the packers and it was a touchdown lol.

Want to confuse a defense, the answer is always simple. Creativity.

Creativity in the backfield, creativity with route combos, creativity with motion, creativity with formation. 

imagine a formation with goedert and AJ split wide on one side. That’s a lot of physicality. I wonder if there’s any plays that could be designed from that. And then motion AJ inward and have him move across the field on a mesh concept where you have devonta come the other way.

and these aren’t plays I’m creating, these are paraphrased versions of plays I see from other teams every Sunday 

Imagine having a QB able to process all the pre and post snap defense to run these concepts.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Imagine having a QB able to process all the pre and post snap defense to run these concepts.

Imagine that many of the reads are baked into the play

imagine being able to see past your anger towards jalen

Edited by Last Stand

1 hour ago, Last Stand said:

Imagine that many of the reads are baked into the play

imagine being able to see past your anger towards jalen

Jalen Hurts still struggles with split field concepts.  What makes you confident that he can run entirely new concepts that he hasn't run before? They're running things that he feels comfortable running.  Every split field concept they run is going to have a man beater to one side and a zone beater to the other side and he still struggles identifying man vs zone pre-snap.  Andy Reid could be here calling plays and it's not going to make a difference.  You say they aren't doing enough to help Jalen, but they are running concepts he's comfortable with.  What more do you want them to do? Go no huddle and have Kellen Moore identity the coverages for Jalen before the ear piece cuts out?  At the end of the day Nick Sirianni may not be a very good head coach, but every single play caller has had the same issues with Jalen from college to now.  There are going to be a lot of disappointed people when Nick gets fired and we are running the same concepts with a new head coach and having the same issues.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Jalen Hurts still struggles with split field concepts.  What makes you confident that he can run entirely new concepts that he hasn't run before? They're running things that he feels comfortable running.  Every split field concept they run is going to have a man beater to one side and a zone beater to the other side and he still struggles identifying man vs zone pre-snap.  Andy Reid could be here calling plays and it's not going to make a difference.  You say they aren't doing enough to help Jalen, but they are running concepts he's comfortable with.  What more do you want them to do? Go no huddle and have Kellen Moore identity the coverages for Jalen before the ear piece cuts out?  At the end of the day Nick Sirianni may not be a very good head coach, but every single play caller has had the same issues with Jalen from college to now.  There are going to be a lot of disappointed people when Nick gets fired and we are running the same concepts with a new head coach and having the same issues.

This is where this just boggles my mind 

“Andy Reid could be here calling plays and it wouldn’t make a difference”

that tells me everything I need to know about the objectivity on Jalen hurts

4 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

This is where this just boggles my mind 

“Andy Reid could be here calling plays and it wouldn’t make a difference”

that tells me everything I need to know about the objectivity on Jalen hurts

Why is that? Feel free point out your issue with what I have to say.  

Has or have not every play caller called the same concepts with Jalen? Don't you think there is a reason for that? Particularly when you have someone like Kellen More that's bread and butter is running a version of WCO concepts.  Forget the fact Nick has designed offense for different QB'a that looked entirely different.

Is Jalen Hurts or is he not struggling to read man/zone? 

Are they or are they not using a ton of split field concepts?

By all means how am I not being fair to Jalen here?