Injury Updates

Edge rusher Aidan Hutchinson wasn’t the only defensive lineman the Lions lost in the big win over the Cowboys. Nose tackle Kyle Peko was injured with 7:55 remaining in the first quarter while making a tackle on Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott. Peko did not return with a pectoral injury.

On Monday, he underwent an MRI. Tom Pelissero of NFL Media reports that imaging confirmed a pectoral tear for Peko, an injury that is expected to end Peko’s season.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-kyle-pekos-season-likely-over-with-torn-pectoral

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Edge rusher Aidan Hutchinson wasn’t the only defensive lineman the Lions lost in the big win over the Cowboys. Nose tackle Kyle Peko was injured with 7:55 remaining in the first quarter while making a tackle on Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott. Peko did not return with a pectoral injury.

On Monday, he underwent an MRI. Tom Pelissero of NFL Media reports that imaging confirmed a pectoral tear for Peko, an injury that is expected to end Peko’s season.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-kyle-pekos-season-likely-over-with-torn-pectoral

Brodric Martin should be ready to come off of IR so his loss isn't as bad.  He was a solid depth player but hopefully Brodric Martin is ready to provide the same or better production.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

Brodric Martin should be ready to come off of IR so his loss isn't as bad.  He was a solid depth player but hopefully Brodric Martin is ready to provide the same or better production.

Peko has 1 tackle and 2 pressures on the year.  I am pretty sure just about anyone could do that.  

10 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Peko has 1 tackle and 2 pressures on the year.  I am pretty sure just about anyone could do that.  

I did put the "or better" caveat in there.  I am an optimist with Brodric Martin.  He showed big improvements with his pad level and physical transformation.  He just needs to get live reps. 

The Lions aren’t going to replace Aidan Hutchinson’s production with one player, but they do need someone to fill his spot on the roster. Jeremy Fowler of ESPN.com reports that they will be signing defensive end Isaiah Thomas off of the Bengals’ practice squad this week. 

Thomas was a 2022 seventh-round pick and appeared in 10 games for the Browns during his rookie season. He had nine tackles, a sack, a fumble recovery, and two passes defensed, but failed to make the cut in 2023 and moved on to the Bengals after getting waived again this summer.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-lions-to-sign-de-isaiah-thomas-off-browns-practice-squad

Edited by vike daddy

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

The Lions aren’t going to replace Aidan Hutchinson’s production with one player, but they do need someone to fill his spot on the roster. Jeremy Fowler of ESPN.com reports that they will be signing defensive end Isaiah Thomas off of the Bengals’ practice squad this week. 

Thomas was a 2022 seventh-round pick and appeared in 10 games for the Browns during his rookie season. He had nine tackles, a sack, a fumble recovery, and two passes defensed, but failed to make the cut in 2023 and moved on to the Bengals after getting waived again this summer.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-lions-to-sign-de-isaiah-thomas-off-browns-practice-squad

I try to be an optimist. Cleveland is a hot mess and their personnel decisions reflect that.  Cincinnati had a bit of logjam at DE with Sam Hubbard, Trey Hendrickson, Myles Murphy and Joseph Assai.  He seems like the type of player that could be a pretty good complimentary DE.  I think Brad Holmes is hoping Isaiah Thomas is the type of player that needs to land with the right team to really develop.  Terrell Williams is a great D-Line coach.  He should be able to coax some production out of him.

Isaiah Thomas Defensive End - EDGE Oklahoma | NFL Draft Profile & Scouting Report (nfldraftbuzz.com)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

I think Brad Holmes is hoping Isaiah Thomas is the type of player that needs to land with the right team to really develop.  Terrell Williams is a great D-Line coach.  He should be able to coax some production out of him.

should he suit up, we'll be happy to knock him around on Sunday and provide a nice welcome to his new responsibilities.