OL Issues

lumberjackchris

25.85 million 2025 cap hit

2022 15th overall draft pick

2023 2nd rounder

3 year 36 million dollar signing in 2023

3 year 56 million dollar extension in 2023

We've sunken a ton of capital into the OL, and they are both the weakest and softness group on the team. 

I know Meco can't be happy, but he inherited this mess so you can't just throw them under the bus, at least publicly. 

Now, starting this offseason, how to we begin to fix this. There are plenty of avenues to do so,

Laremy Tunsil - can be cut in 2025 for a 3 million dollar cap savings, but we probably wont. He instead will be looked at in 2026 when his contract has an out and we can save more than 21 million dollars moving him in some instance.

Kenyon Green - Green will more than likely just play out his 4 year rookie deal and see if they can salvage him with another healthy offseason. He will almost 100% have his 5th year option NOT picked up by the team. He can be moved on from this offseason with a 5 mil cap figure and a 5 mil dead cap figure if cut or traded. 

Juice Scruggs - there's a lot of contention amongst fans with Juice. Some say he is to blame for not setting the protections right and the dude couldn't pick up a stunt if his life depended on it. 

Shaq Mason - he's been average, he will play out the 2025 season then more than likely be moved on from with a cap saving of 8 million in the 2025-2026 offseason. 

Tytus Howard - he's probably been the 2nd most consistent piece this year, but a cap savings of 13 million can be had in the 2025-2026 offseason.

I don't know what Nick will do, but it's clear he has to do something. The whole line's mentality is weak, and that's something that isn't easily changed overnight. 

The 2025 draft has some solid OL talent that will be available, so I look from Nick to spend yet anything big piece of capital to hopefully fix this OL group.

Starting to think Chris Strausser should be let go if the OL keeps underperforming like this.  Too much talent for the OL to look this bad.   I would consider playing Jarrett Patterson at Center if Juice keeps struggling. Lord forbids how bad the OL would look if someone were to go down with an injury.