KC retaining DC Bob Sutton

Broncofan

5 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Just two little disagreements here. Nothing major, as you mostly hit it.

I'm actually content with Wilson at WR3. And with Robinson and Chesson at #4 and #5, honestly. Wilson clearly had a very solid connection with Mahomes in that last game. He has a useful skill set, too. The drops are a problem, but you can't get too picky at that point in the depth chart. If we retain him, I'm fine with our full roster there.

Also, I don't think Morse regressed, I think he just never got fully healthy. He played great in week 1, then got hurt. Missed a handful of games. Played like trash for a handful of games. Then reaggravated the same injury and got put on IR. I think he was never 100%, and was playing through a foot injury as a linemen. I do want to resign Fulton, he's exactly what you want as a backup linemen, but I'm not concerned about Morse long term.

Fair enough. 

Wilson was pretty good for most of his contract year. I think I'm still bitter at his missed opportunity to win that Titans playoff game. Little 5' 9" dude with 30" reach needs to at least be able to time his jump and catch that late 4th Q pass. Other teams have receivers that make big plays when it counts. The Chiefs always seem to fail at them. 

I just don't think AW is worth more than say 2 mil per yr.. and I think he gets lazy again (alligator arms and evades any contact) after locking into a new contract. I doubt that would be enough to keep him, and I hope KC can do better for a WR3. Not the worst thing in the world if he sticks around and mixes in as WR3 though. 

Archived