Jordan Howard trade chatter

turtle28

1 minute ago, ripsean21 said:

I get that lol. Again I did say it’s not a popular opinion but there are people who have different preferences or standards or even just values to how players play. Just because I think Revis and Woodson were much better doesn’t mean it’s true to someone else. And part of my opinion happens to be based of circumstances. I love Sherman. He might not be asked to do this or that but if he’s doing what he’s asked to do and he’s all pro because what he does fits him why would I knock him for that? I can like Watt someone can like Donald and someone could say Sapp went against better OL’s and it’s just opinion and preference. 

Like im not saying I’m right or wrong I just say I value others more. I will say early AM had me tripping about the QB’s. But to the topic I like Howard but I value our own Rb. This team hasn’t drafted a RB in the first since the 60’s I think. It’s just my preference to not trade for a RB who is gonna have to be paid around the same time guys we’ve drafted will need to be paid. I’m not saying I would hate the move but I value our picks because we always talk about drafting here then when players are on the block we forget about drafting our own guys. In this class of RB’s I don’t see the value of trading for a guy when this class has a bunch of guys who can be better

I’d argue that we hope the guys we draft can be as good as Howard has already proven he is. So, Howard is nearly a sure thing where anyone we draft is a questionmark as to if they’ll even be starter worthy. For example, Perine could end up being a better option than anyone we draft - I know that’s probably not going to be the case - but it’s possible.

In trading for Howard you are trading for a 23-year old proven starter. Most of the time when posters are against trading a draft pick for a player it’s when a poster says we should trade a draft pick for a starter who is in his late 20s or even 30s.

Archived