Who is the (second) best coach in the NFL?

DingoLadd

On 4/18/2018 at 7:47 PM, BAConrad said:

No doubt that in a year from now, we could be sitting here discussing the Eagles and Rams as the two SB winning teams of the previous two years. I think you guys have the potential to absolutely win it. My feeling is that whoever can manage to win the ridiculously tough NFC should handily beat whomever they face in the Superb Owl. 

But the thing that annoys me is that right now, all it is for LA is that: potential. But people are already crowning McVay as the best offensive mind in the game and even some saying hes the 2nd best behind BB....but the thing is, he hasn't shown that he deserves to be crowned anything like that yet. Dont get me wrong, he did an incredible job last season.

But people also like to act like the feat of improving the offense as much as he did from 1 year to the next was way more impressive than in reality. The Rams should have been significantly better before he was there but Jeff Fisher is so bad..and even so, they managed to win 7 games with him. Its not like McVay came in and just took some dirtpile team from worst to best. And I also want to see him face some adversity this season because we have no idea how he responds to it yet. IIRC the Rams offense, minus missing Robert Woods for some time, was one of the healthiest in the league (and the team in general). 

Im not denying that based off of what we saw, McVay can be one of the best one day. He just isn't yet. His season was not as impressive as Pederson's was and that is just as close to fact as it comes. Which is my main point....that McVay cant be called one of the best coaches yet until he proves himself. One year and 0-1 home playoff record wont cut it. 

Great head coaches are the ones who dont let adversity affect them. They win no matter the circumstances. Its what separates guys like that moron Jason Garrett aka the Clapper from ones like Payton or Carroll or BB or Pederson.

That is literally what he did for our offense.. Worst scoring offense in the league to the best. Never been done before iirc.

Archived