ReasonablySober

Members
  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

ReasonablySober's Achievements

1. Let's ignore that it would give the Packers a tight end a five year contract when their current TEs have three years left on their deals. I would have traded up for Bowers because he's a special player. Same way I would have moved up for Harrison Jr. if he fell, or Mitchell when he did fall. I don't view Hopper as a special player. I didn't think that would need clarifying.
  2. Would we? Apparently we took a starter in Hopper.
  3. No, it's the positions. If it was the person my gripe would be Hopper over Wilson or Williams over Hicks.
  4. I explained it. I didn't mind going S and ILB on day two. I would have been fine with Bullard at #25. It was double shortly after Cooper and Bullard were taken when other quality prospects at different positions were available.
  5. I was a fan of Jarrian Jones (CB), Theo Johnson (TE), Troy Franklin (WR), Jalyx Hunt (DE), Tez Walker (WR), and Mason McCormick (OL). They all went around the time the Packers took Hopper and Williams. Again, I don't mind doubling up at linebacker at safety. Doing it so soon after Cooper and Bullard is what annoys me. That said, who the hell knows anything? Those guys could bust and Hopper and/or Williams could be gems. *shrugs*
  6. Gute clearly wanted more bodies at linebacker and safety and that's fine, but once they filled the 2nd linebacker spot with Cooper, taking another off ball linebacker a round later just became really lousy asset management. Third round is still early enough to reasonably hope to add an impact player at a premium position. At the very least there were options.
  7. Packers were talking with Seattle about moving up but bowed out as the Seattle was coming up. Fuaga and Latu went right before Seattle came on the clock.
  8. Can't complain about Morgan. I didn't love the pick, but if he works out at tackle then that's good value. I thought they were within easy trade up range for some of the top defenders, but it doesn't seem like they were even considering boundary corners, defensive tackles, or edge rushers. Liked the Cooper pick, but Walker's been bust thus far so I'm in wait and see mode. Bullard was my favorite pick, by far. I would have been happy with him at #25. Completely baffled by Lloyd, Hopper, and Williams. Felt like they could have waited to nab a backup running back until later, while Hopper and Williams as special teamers felt like luxury picks. Monk seems like a typical Packers offensive line pick, which is good. Glover is a nice practice squad project, and Pratt may end up a quality backup. King was just very funny.
  9. Last two picks seem like core special teams guys. Not hugely inspiring in the third round and a trade up in the fourth.
  10. That third paragraph, Jesus. Uglem needs a new hobby.
  11. So is Quay going to take the leap to being good, now that there's (at least) two 2nd linebackers coming to take his job? I have to think that was part of the equation here. I liked the Cooper pick, really didn't like the Hopper pick, but if there's an iron sharpen iron thing going on then maybe this all works out and the three make each other better.